Originally Posted by Dartsport540
My 2006 and trailer weighs around 17,800. Gets around 8 to 10 while towing. Usually get around 14 to 16.5 empty. Got 19 a few times , when I was driving it, trying to get good mileage. Pulls and stops great. I just think I should get something New, while I can still get good money for it. Just listed it on Marketplace earlier today.

Quite a difference on this Bullschitter forum full of guys like Guitar Jones claiming their Cummins get 28 mpg empty and 18 to 20 loaded. wink Your numbers are bang-on what a Common Rail Dodge gets, thank-you for the honest numbers! up

My 2008 Hurricane 33' class A motorhome. With a Ford F43 Chassis, V10. 17,800 miles. Pulls great stops good. Fuel mileage is 5.4 to 6.1 towing trailer. Weighs 26,000 lbs. with trailer. Gets 6.2 to 7.1 without trailer.

If it's legal in your state, cut your catalytic convertor off. I took mine out and the mileage is a bit better than yours, and no check engine light.

I would like to order 2021 Ram 2500. I was at dealer on saturday and priced 1 out with what I want. I think I will stay with 3.73 gears. Local track is only 12 miles from home. Any farther , and I will take motorhome.

Good decision. twocents

By the way, that Hurricane is a nice machine: I looked at one before I got the Gulf Stream Link to RV photo.

Mo' Farts

Moderated by "tbagger".