Originally Posted by OhioMopar
Originally Posted by J_BODY
mpg sucks, don’t get in hurry, but overall most are satisfied with their purchase

Idk abour mileage sucking, really. It does better than my '01 1500 Off Road edition did at any time. 12 mpg all the time. Unless it was towing. Then 8-9. Does better than my. '06 1/2 ton did, or at least similar until there was a trailer behind it. I guess it sucks, but not as bad. Lol.

Don't get in a hurry? I don't get that. Climbing hills in PA and the Carolinas it would accelerate with no trouble on any of the grades. Maybe with more payload it wouldn't, though. The most I've towed was a full size 2wd Ram extended cab, so maybe 6500 pounds with the trailer? I don't know this for a fact, but I've heard the mileage on the new Cummins isn't impressive at all unless you spend the $1500+ to do all the deletes. I couldn't see how the extra $12000 in price along with $1500 in deletes would get absorbed in the fuel savings in the life of the truck as long as I own it. I know, I know. Resale. Anyway, I'm rambling. Carry on.

Snow-birds don’t tow with 1500s.... 2500/3500 and anything in the era of your 01 “off road” (same weak suck as my 95 1500 I had... you at least had the 4.10 gears) would have been a Cummins or a V10. The ones I’ve talked with have come from the Cummins. Now I can’t say for sure which ones... the 8-12 era required deletes in my eyes. The 13 was the intro into the DEF era and to be perfectly honest I’d love to have a 13-15 truck. We haven’t had a huge prob with the def system and the reduced use of the egr valve on those trucks have extended the oil life + great mpg. It’s just the prices of these things even used is shocking!