I don’t know that finding the stock down the most is the key. The key is to find the best companies at a discounted price. Take cruise lines for instance. They suffered a beating this week (but I think they bounced today). However I would take Visa or Mastercard over any cruise line, at about any price. I think like....what is something that people use or depend on all the time that they can’t do without. If I buy Visa or Mastercard....I don’t have to worry about where people shop, eat, what brand of company they travel with....as long as they use their credit card. It doesn’t matter if they buy in a store or online....as long as they use a card.

That is why I buy VISA, local utility companies like electric and gas companies. People can’t do without those. Doesn’t matter if a virus or war or good times or bad times....people will need/use those.....

If it were not for a virus....I would add AAPL, AMZN and Goog to those. However I personally feel that aapl and amzn are likely to suffer deeper loses over the next few quarters because of the China exposure they have. Goog has some other pending litigation issues that could set the stock back if it is not a favorable outcome. If the stock has already taken a beating a large settlement could cause the stock to lose support here at/near a critical level.

Last edited by carcrazyguy; 02/28/20 10:56 PM.