Originally Posted by AndyF
I've been using the latest run up to exit most of my positions. I see no reason to be invested now. We're looking at some serious damage to the economy over the next 12 months so I don't see any reason to own stocks while all of that gets sorted out. I'll get back into the market once things settle down. I don't really know why the market has been moving up so strongly the past few weeks. Someone big is betting on a quick return to normal but everything I see and hear tells me that a lot of little guys are in the process of being wiped out. So I'll just wait this one out. I really don't need to take a bunch of risk for a small reward at this point in my life.

I certainly understand the apprehension, and everyone not only dances to their own drum, but has their own risk tolerances, age, and a host of other factors.

Personally, I feel a well diversified portfolio is my way to go (with at least a five year hold outlook) i’m positioned about 25% cash and CD’d, maybe 5% gold/silver, and the rest widely scattered in the open market, with some high rated short term bonds.

Even “cash” can be eaten away, if overt inflation rears its ugly head. With all the money being mass printed, that has to be considered.

With the Great Depression, two world wars, real estate meltdown, dot com collapse etc, etc. it always looks darkest in the middle of whatever crisis.

“But THIS TIME is different!” Some truth in that, but I believe we WILL get through this.

If not, investment decisions probably won’t matter.

Only the basic survival needs will count. I put that likelihood WAY down the list,