Originally Posted by Hemi_Joel
Originally Posted by jcc
Good times are here again,

Free Money within 2 weeks for everybody.

What a concept.

THis crap is going to tank the economy. 3/4 of the workforce will choose free money over work any day of the week. The free money will be GUARANTEED until past november, regardless of the virus for obvious reasons.

I've been looking at Tesla as a candidate for buying puts. A company that has never made money, but always lost money, selling a luxury item to a population out of work in a tanked economy. It rose so much so fast over the last year. It has fallen to under 1/2 of i's recent high. If it retreats from it's current 450ish back to it's 52 week low of 175ish, that a HUGE gain on puts. What do you think?

Tesla makes me nervous, only because Musk is genius, but also a total fraud as a businessman. As you said, he's never turned a profit. Ever. Not once. Burns through cash like it's kindling. However, the cult of personality is real with him, and his customer base is just as loyal as his investors. Will they find a way to keep buying his cars if their incomes go down? My guess is yes, because the people hurt by this are not going to be the people with high paying, salaried jobs. It's going to be small business owners, and hourly workers, and they are not his followers.

Earning every penny of that moderator paycheck.

DBAP