So how do people feel now?

I had a new account with TD Ameritrade in the later part of March. I wasn't going to wait 3 months or longer to start trading, however I did keep a large portion in cash because people kept saying it would get worse. Now that the shock and awe of Covid 19 has worn off I don't think there will be another huge crash, even if earnings reports are lower. That may already be built into the price.

I did some things wrong and some things right.

I bought UCO too soon and never thought oil could go below $0. I bought it several times at different price points, including the day oil was below $0. This was going to be my big money maker. I'm still in the hole but I'm in for the long haul. I was much further in the hole for a while. The current price of oil is unsustainable and nobody in the business wants the price to remain where it is.

Since I was losing in oil and that was going to be my main focus, I decided to diversify. I bought URTY on April 1st for $17.22/share. It is currently trading at $32.37/share (over 87% gain). I don't think I'll be losing money on this for a long time. Unfortunately, I didn't buy enough. Hindsight is almost 20:20.

Now it feels too late to put the rest of the cash into the market, unless there is a recession coming or another large drop. It doesn't seem as likely as people were predicting 2 months ago.

1970 Dodge d100/eventually going on a 77 D100 frame