I am certainly not the guy to help pick a stock. But from really watching the market pretty close over the last 5/6 years. This pull back (crash), in my opinion is the time to buy long term holdings. Not just random companies. Companies that are top of their industries.
I always try to buy companies that you can’t do without.....

Visa or MasterCard......in a store, online, clothing, travel, car parts....it’s unlimited and can be used anywhere..
AMZN....the future of shopping and possibly streaming content
Google...CSCO MSFT....all excellent companies
Local utility companies because people can’t live without them...
JNJ...BMY...PFE....drug companies that just about everyone uses
KO.....Safer dividend play at about any level below today’s price (in my opinion)

Knowing very little about the market. Back years ago I wish I would have known what SPY was. It is the S&P500 etf. Basically buying a small piece of each company in the Standards and Poors 500. Basically takes some of the risk away versus owning and individual stock. It is not the quickest way to make money but if I would have been buying SPY only all these years I could have retired very nicely by now.

I personally think when someone decides to go back in the market. Buy a good company and know you may not pick the bottom but I really don’t see any of these top companies being cheaper 2-3-5 years from now....UNLESS these black swan events start being episodes.

I don’t short because.....losses can be infinite. Where if you own a stock it can only go to ZERO. A few weeks ago anyone short Tesla pretty much got wiped out.....when a stock moves like that it can kill you. You would be better off buying/selling puts/calls versus risking the capital to short.

Last edited by carcrazyguy; 03/17/20 12:15 AM.