Originally Posted by AndyF
Originally Posted by BradH
Cab - Even though Edelbrock sells their assembled heads with the box stating "Ready to bolt on", I think the BBM Victors should be labeled "Ready to f*ck with"... possibly with the addendum "Some assembly... and disassembly... and assembly.... and more disassembly...and more assembly required. Repeat as necessary."

You are braver than me. I had one of the first sets of those heads from Edelbrock back when I was writing the BB Mopar book. After playing with those heads for a few weeks I sold them to someone who really wanted them. Those heads looked super cool but nothing seemed to fit quite right. I never did try to use a set and we've never seen an engine come into the shop with those heads on them.

Brad is 100% correct with his statement. These heads are a POS really and after having the opportunity/torture of working with them many times I really have to wonder what Edelbrock was thinking? On the flip side I probably know what makes them tick better than most but working for free is something I cannot do any more. These heads can and will make fantastic power (and more torque than competitors offerings) if thee: valve size,shape,type is changed, valve location is changed, chamber shape is changed, port is raised, rockers stands altered/changed etc... I could go on and on. Most don't have the wherewithal to pursue what I have just stated. J.Rob

p.s. I should market my best port carved into a Procomp knock off--it flows a whopping 370+cfm with a VERY small CSA. I should buy another casting and finish all eight ports on my CNC and test on the dyno. J.Rob

2009 PHR\EMC Competitor
2010 PHR\EMC Competitor
2011 PHR\EMC Competitor
2012 PHR\EMC Competitor
2013 PHR\EMC Competitor
2014 HotRod/EMC Competitor
2015 HotRod/EMC NoShow
2016 HotRod/EMC 3rd place SPEC Bigblock
2018 HotRod/EMC 7th place G3