I remember following Mark M’s post when he put it up. I was very interested because my build is really close but with a different converter, and a flat tappet. His cam has less duration but higher lift so it’s probably a wash there- really similar.

I didn’t have his problem of driving through the converter though- mine only flashes to 3000 at WOT.

All the talk about inertia chassis dynos vs a load cell having an accurate torque measurement from moment to moment made me wonder though- we did datalog the runs and review the logs along with dyno graphs as we tuned the motor. So I do know that the good pull ends at 5500 rpm. So if I had what looks like 445 tq at 5500 that computes to 466 hp. With 15% driveline loss that would be 548hp and 617tq at the crank which sounds like the optimistic side of reasonable.

Man it’s easy to twist some math around to make stuff sound good based on some rubbish! It will be fun to go back and ressurect this thread after I get real data from a scale and a dragstrip.

The purpose of this thread originally was to see if I was foolish to set my rev limiter to 5500. I will probably put it up to 5800 to keep things safe and try shifting a little higher. I suspect if it is faster shifting higher it would be because the next gear gets to start out in a better spot rather than the motor really wanting to rip at higher rpm in the lower gear.