I've found out not all motors and the rest of the parts in the car will want to be shifted at or near peak HP or peak torque to go as fast as the car can work
My first pump gas stroker motor was a 400 block stroked to 4.25 originally with a set of mildly ported 906 iron heads with 2.14 intakes and 1.81 exhaust valves and solid roller cam with 260@.050 on the intake lobes and 266@.050 on the exhaust ground on a 108 LSA installed 1 to 2 degrees advanced on the intake lobes. I put a Eddy low deck OEM style six pack intake and set of 440 vacuum carbs that I had C&J engineering modify for better street performance, that motor ended up having right at 9.25 to 1 compression ratio on all eight cylinders.
I had that motor dyno tested and tuned the first time on a DTS engine dyno at the Carb shop facility in Ontario, CA, it made peak torque at 4500 RPM (644 Ft. Lbs.) and peak HP 612 at 5500 RPM.
I ended swapping the heads later to a set of Eddy RPM that where CNC ported by MCH and I increase the stroke later to 4.300 to help up the compression to 10.29 to 1 .
I had it dyno tested up here in Oregon on a Studka engine dyno that was not calibrated correctly at that time but it still made peak torque at 4500 to 4600 RPM and peak torque at 5500 an d5600 RPM depending on the tuning.
I started racing the car by shifting at 5000 RPM and then 5500 and ended up learning that the car would run the quickest ET and MPH by shifting at or above 7000 RPM shock
On your deal shift it where it wants to be shifted, it will talk to you grin scope

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)