Howdy

I’m running my first big block and really enjoying it. I can drive in the rain no problem if I take it easy and it lays black stripes any time I ask it to.

It’s a 512 motor but really mild- forged source kit, ootb stealth heads & valve springs, comp hydraulic flat tappet 240°/246° & .507”/.510”.

The cam card says power from 2300-6500 but I assume that’s in a 383 motor. I have a 2400 stall.

I built this thing trying to be smart and keep things cheap and mild for a fun durable street motor. I tuned it on the chassis dyno and stopped at 5500rpm- the torque is over 525 and slowly tapers down to more like 450 at 5500rpm but the rear wheel hp was still climbing there, hitting 362 at 5500.

Would I be beating the crap out of this thing if I raised the rev limiters to 6500? I know from stroking harley motors that when you go over 4” stroke piston speeds get kinda high but not crazy until more like 5” so I’m thinking that valve float with the hydraulic flat tappet will be my limiting factor?

How high would you twist it? After playing around with it some I started wondering how much power I’m leaving on the table by keeping a low redline, especially since rwhp was definitely still climbing at 5500.

Thanks!

Radar