Originally Posted by fast68plymouth
Originally Posted by radar
Also- we tuned in 2nd so it wouldn’t kick down. I’m not sure how we could avoid that?

Just disconnect the kickdown lever from the throttle linkage for the pulls.

For what you were doing, the tests were fine...... as long as you used the same procedure for all.
Then you’re just looking for the numbers to be better than they were...... and then you know you’re making progress.

I was super happy with the power improvements down in street driving range. I always get nervous about beating on my equipment loading it up with resistance on the dyno- the chassis and driveline will never see that much stress on the street because the tires unload first. Since my slip yoke let go later that day and took out my transmission doing a holeshot I’m guessing we put plenty of beating on her while strapped down. It’s probably a good thing we didn’t do any more testing on the rollers but I am a little regretful we didn’t keep spinning it till it nosed over.

Now the truck has been back in action a couple weeks with 1350 yokes and a fresh 727. It probably won’t go back on the dyno unless I do bigger headers or change something major but if/when that happens I’d like to be able to run it in high gear. So pin the throttle pressure lever it all the way back? I’d hate to burn up my clutches with low atf pressure. Unfortunately I want results from 2500 or 3000 up- starting at 4500 sounds more like race engine stuff.

Thanks for the lively discussion fellas. I’m always learning