Thanks fellas

The dyno results were a little funny because his sparkplug wire clip to find rpm was on the fritz. So he did it by wheelspeed instead which skewed things a little when the tires grew at speed- it made the tq/hp lines not cross where they were supposed to. I didn’t really care because I was chasing the tune not a number but I will say my old combo mph’d exactly where the calculators said it should based on my weight and the hp number off his dyno.

When the truck hit the rev limiter at the top of a pull the first pull it scared the crap out of me! Thought something let go in the valvetrain for a second. Here’s the sheet from the first and last pulls. X axis scale is mph in 2nd gear, 3.21 ratio.

People do and spend a lot to pick up a few hp. I figured since my hp curve hadn’t nosed over yet at 5500 redline maybe running it to 6000 would be free power. Unless I eat the cam or a valve. At that point a tiny nitrous kit would be cheaper!

Also I think this setup might run a low 12 if I sorted out the launch some but it’s not going to see much track time.

I think I got spooked talking to a new coyote mustang owner that had 11 sec timeslips with a stock car & drag radials.

77C4073E-A6EE-4433-8620-2424BC3C8A39.jpeg