Originally Posted By CMcAllister
I hear guys talk about the maintenance requirements for a good Top Sportsman combination. Can you gives us some insight on the maintenance routine at the PS level? Number of runs on a freshen, disassembly for inspection, piston/rod replacement, valve springs, etc?

Do you have one or two race day engines that are in a constant state of R&D or mule motors to do R&D on with that info being incorporated in the good engines?

Do you do your own chassis tuning or do you have "people"? Is there constant tweaking according to the track, gear ratios, etc., or is it once it's sorted, it's just a matter of shock adjustments, clutch adjustments, etc.?
the maintenance isn't as bad as you would think. As far as valve springs we can get 20 Dyno pulls on the intake Springs and 8 to 10 runs down the track. We take the motor apart as much as we can just because we're always trying to look at it as much as possible. The Pistons usually last around 50 passes and the rods last hundreds of passes.
I have two good engines one I like to run more than the other. But unfortunately last Friday dropped a valve on the dyno so I'll be running the backup engine for the next two races.
As far as the chassis this year I have taken that on as far as last year other people did help me. But I felt I needed to do everything myself to save cost as much as possible to race as long as I possibly could. I make all the gear selecting changes and calls myself and also I service the clutch in between each round.