Originally Posted By sgcuda
Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
Let me save you some time on the windshield bars. Don't worry about going from main hoop all the way to floor. Go to a dash bar and make the a pillar bars two pieces

So, are you saying I can just use a couple of uprights from the frame to the dash level, have a dash cross brace, and then attach from the main hoop to the cross brace in line with the uprights? Is that legal? Never thought of that. Would you have a pic of this setup for clarification? Thanks, Monte.
Of course it's legal. There is nothing that says the A-pillar bars have to be one piece from main hoop, down by dash and to floor, with dash bar welded between those. Some do it that way, some run halo bars, just depends on the car. What I have done on some cars with stock firewalls, is actually weld the dash bar to the back of firewall and in between plates in the front jamb area. This gets the dash bar forward and out of the way. The lower supports weld to bottom of dash bar and can go straight down, angle back, just wherever they need to. Then the A-pillar bar comes from hoop, down through dash and lands on dash bar. Eliminates some bends and makes it much easier.........Hard to tell, but pic below MAY be done like that. If not, just imagine this dash bar welded in first and the others coming to it. This way you put the dash bar wherever you WANT it, not where it is convenient to weld it between bars when done the other way

dash_bar.jpg
Last edited by Monte_Smith; 08/13/16 01:08 AM.