Cuda.......The point you kept making was you were less than a man if you couldn't pull a manual bender, were out of shape, or lazy and I believe the word you used was "wimps". Also said the suggestion of a hydraulic is dumbazz advice. So YOU started the back and forth........ So some of us were passing along OUR experience. As stated, I bent a many cage with a manual bender......BUT as I also stated, it has to be VERY well mounted, you need a good bit of room, usually need help, it's slow, not as accurate and a bunch of other things, that make it not the BEST way to do it. If the OP has never bent tubing, he doesn't know any of that. Our first shop was so small, we had to push the car out, or mount the bender outside, as there wasn't room for both. That's rough when cold or raining. I didn't know that would be the case and I wished somebody had told ME before I bought my first bender and would have saved and got the hydraulic the first time. But I didn't have the option of getting on the net and asking others, had to figure it out

Question for you............do you cut your tubing with a chop saw or a hacksaw? If you have a chop saw, why? Can't it be just as well done with a hacksaw, only requiring more "work" which you seem to be such a fan of. Do you use "power" tools at all? If so, why?...........does this seem silly? Same as your arguments against us for suggesting hydraulic. Anything can be done manually, but why is suggesting the easier way bad or dumba$$ advice?.......Willie Rells used to fill tubing with sand, heat with a torch and hand bend between posts welded on a table. That's the way he built Pro-Stocks............maybe the OP should do it that way

Last edited by Monte_Smith; 08/11/16 04:19 PM.