Originally Posted By cudaman1969

So, only a hydraulic bender will make that custom cage huh, get real dude, I have a 10 X 15 ft area and my bender is clamped in the vise, with braces, on my custom heavy duty bench (made from a 3x10 piece of bowling alley) attached to wall, easy up and down to store in a small place, not a large contraption that needs to be rolled around taking up space. It was well thought out before I bent my first piece, from the space I needed to knowing the leverage I needed to bend comfortably. If you're tired out after one bend, find some other hobby or take it to someone, it's called "work"for a reason. My bender plus the one die cost $795 because I got the heavy duty one. I'm 67 and when I get so I can't pick up heads, blocks, bend pipe or work then I'll quit.

If that works for you, that's great. I thought my machine out too. It takes up a 26"x26" footprint on the floor, everything. Plug it into 220, flip the switch and bend pipe. It helps me to make nice things without struggling, just like everything else in the shop that I plug into an electrical outlet or an air hose. Although I enjoy it, it's not really a hobby. There has to be some efficiency to the process. I just thought someone might benefit from my opinions, experiences and recommendations. They can do what they like with that information, dude.

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.