Originally Posted By HEMI472
Originally Posted By fbs63
I am working with John at CRT to build a 2nd gear start 727. 1.45 first gear for my twin turbo car. He already has a 2nd gear start billet valve body with the brake operable in 2nd. I have a A&A straight cut 2.45-1.45-1 gear set. You could use a 2.77-1.57-1 helical gear set to get a little more SLR if you need it.

thank you for what you are trying to do and not giving into the power guide ( taxi cab trans )
Being brand loyal is fine, but in many cases makes NO economic sense. Spend a fortune on a 727 with all the goodies.......great, what do you have? A bunch of expensive parts in a STOCK trans case, why? Just so you can say your Mopar has a Mopar trans. Few people care about that crap anymore these days. Use what works the best and is a better value per dollar spent.

Plus guys talk out of both sides of their mouth anyway. They say a "Mopar has to have a Mopar trans" or it makes it less of a Mopar somehow. Yet those same people have no problem with a Lenco, a Nash, a Liberty, Bruno trans, which are all aftermarket trans. But when you mention the Glide or Turbo 400, it's like you kicked them in the nuts because that's a GM trans. No it's not. It's an all aftermarket parts, RACE transmission that happens to be based on a GM design. Same as most 9" Fords have zero factory parts, was just designed by Ford. A Dana which was designed by DANA corp, by the way is considered fine, since it came in some factory Mopars. Well guess what, so do 9" rears and powerglides...think Drag Pack. So get over the silly crap already

Last edited by Monte_Smith; 04/03/16 01:35 PM.