Originally Posted By Sxrxrnr
Take a look at my posted photos that was taken from underneath the steering box. You can see the shim that I made out of 1 inch wide by 1/8th inch steel stock.

In the photo you can see the shiny steel shim between the black paint of the K member and the steering box.

The post photo is several postings above this one,,,also read the associated text. You can also use Williams washers as Hotchkis had recommended.

If you do not shim you will have toe alignment issues, box will not be on top crnter and shaft will be at an angle into coupler,,,which is the least concern. The angle just illustrates that you likely have a problem.

I post the photo again.

It's been some 16 months since I finally gotten everything squared away with the Borgeson in my E Body. All is well and am pleased with the way the car drives. The shim was the ticket to success, but still pi$$ed at the crapola that I had to go thru feuding with the responsible vendors as they told me that my issues were likely because I was a dumb [censored] and my alignment guy didn't have a clue either,,,,when we were insble to get the car to proper toe whilst having the steering box indexed to top center.

The shim took care of all issues. However have never been 100 % easy with having that shim in there, wondering about possible unnatural stress on the box.

A few months ago did install a Borgeson in wife's 55 T Bird. A real pita, but none of which was Borgeson's fault this time,,,they don't make a kit for these cars. Was fantastic to rid the T Bird of the mess of slave cylinders, ram pistons and multiple leaky hoses inherent to the stock Ford PS setup and to take 3 inches of play out of steering wheel. Makes an honest driver out of this 60 year old Bird.