So as we continued down the rabbit hole of using this box, we hit another big issue. Our #7 Doug's Header tube was in direct contact with the steering column (formerly a column shift PS model) After closer examination, we deemed it due to the poor placement of the motor thanks to the /6 to SBM kit we got. So after some deliberation, we got the 73+ K-frame seen in the other thread and some good mounts from Schumaker. After installing everything, the motor was in the correct place, however, steering was in contact with the header tubes even worse than before. At that point we were getting ready to call it quits with the headers and I decided to break out the tape measure. This is what we found:

The steering box seems to be pointing to the engine. I went over to another pre-72 A-Body with a 73+ K-Frame and a factory box and took the same measurement. Not even close. The box appeared to point slightly to the driverside, and was about 3/4" further that way than the Borgeson unit.

My curiosity peaked and I went so far as to throw a factory box in to see if the K-frame was off or the Borgeson box. Imagine my surprise when I got this measurement.

I spent some time on the phone with Borgeson the last couple days as well as e-mail to send them the pictures. The end result is that they feel the U-joint should be able to take up the slack and we ended up having to shim the 2 drivers side bolts to get the input shaft closer to where it needs to be. Not 100% thrilled about that. They said that they have had irregularities from 1/8 inch to 1/2" in input spline location car to car, but it seems odd to me that if I put a factory box back in, everything is where it should be.
Also, this is the large sector box again, that had poor spline engagement with the Pitman, however I was able to get the split washer on. I had not head of this issue before, but thought it may be worth bringing up.

So in current conclusion, the biggest detractors I have with this box are:

1. Pitman spline engagement
2. Build tolerances/quality control
3. These boxes are not new castings, they are rebuilt and modified from used cores and show wear/tear to indicate such.
4. Center "tight spot" is a really tight sector adjustment and will "wear in" after use.

Happy Hot Rodding!