"The steering box seems to be pointing to the engine. I went over to another pre-72 A-Body with a 73+ K-Frame and a factory box and took the same measurement. Not even close. The box appeared to point slightly to the driverside, and was about 3/4" further that way than the Borgeson unit.

My curiosity peaked and I went so far as to throw a factory box in to see if the K-frame was off or the Borgeson box. Imagine my surprise when I got this measurement."

Just saw the same thing and the pitman arm issue with Borg/Berg kit 3 weeks ago on a 73 Challenger with 5.7L/A833 using TTI mounts and headers. Was a manual to power steering swap. Factory manual steering box had zero issues, lined up nice and straight to column. Installed Borg box and noticed immediately the input was pointed at #7. We used the Berg kit with his pot coupling and it would barely clear the header tube but we couldn't run all the column bolts. We ended up shimming the inner 2 steering box mounts about 3/8" to get the angle "acceptable".

This was icing on the cake with my lack of patience for all "bolt-in" Mopar upgrades.

Ranting over the car drives fantastic.