As usual on Moparts this has turned into s***fest.
The same members bash without knowing any of the facts of the situation. I do not manufacture this box, but since I sell it I must service the customer when there are issues.
Countless hours were spent with Roger (sxr) regarding his installation via cell phone, weekends etc. The end conclusion from 3,000 miles away was the option to take the box back to Borgeson. The box has a 3 year warranty so no issues there. However, since the installer NEVER called during the installation process to make a time consuming return process easier, the troubleshooting begins after the install is finished.
The second member here with a complaint called for suggestions. My suggestion was to use a torque wrench to tighten the bolts to the factory spec (125 ft/lbs I believe) and let me know the results. I have seen stock boxes get loose many times because of this step being omitted. I never heard back.
It is apparent the haters on this board have not changed in the 10+ years of my membership here. Clearly, vendors stay away because of this. I am always easy to reach and offer as many solutions to problems as possible. If any of the haters want to call and ask questions, be my guest.