Quote:

Quote:

Thanks Guys! let me rephrase...I knew it was bump steer, but I wasn't 100% sure what caused it. I see now from the replies.

Do you think going to a drop spindle would put the geometry of the suspension in better shape and eliminate or drastically reduce bump steer?

No, the issue is the difference in pivot points of the control arms and inner tie rods. Drop spindles aren't going to change that.

Actually drop spindles will most likely fix it.
The problem with lowering with the springs, is the control arms are not in their factory designed working area. Because the upper control arm is normally positioned with the upper pivots much higher than the upper ball joint, the control arm is normally angled down. The way you've lowered the truck, the control arm is sitting more level than it should be. This makes the upper arm effectively longer. I'm sure to have it aligned, they needed a lot more shims than normal. So, if the arm is in a position where at normal(modified) ride height, it is in it's widest part of the travel arc. That means any travel in the suspension will pull in the upper part of the spindle, and make it toe out.
This is all just a guess though. I haven't looked under a Dakota for years, just my best "off the cuff" guess.
Put the geometry back to stock, and get the stance with drop spindles.

"use it 'till it breaks, replace as needed"