I'm building essentially the same thing with my 340. I wanted a mean, fairly streetable 340. This was before stroker cranks were so cheap and readily available. No sense changing plans now.

Stock stroke, full hydraulic roller with 11:1 compression, Indybrock heads going in a 69 Dart. A500 trans with 3000 stall, and 4.30 gears should motivate it pretty well and allow some highway jaunts. When I was planning, I ran it through Desktop Dyno and it estimated around 500HP. I have no clue exactly how close that will be to the final product. Back in the 90's I know my brother had a W2 head 340 in a 67 Barracuda race car that ran 11.2 here at 6000' in Denver. Apparently with a 4 speed the car previously ran 10.9 or 10.8. No doubt with the newer parts that could easily replicated and improved upon today.

I'm hoping to have mine going before too long, and get some dyno time also. I may put it in another 67 Barracuda to get some seat time with it.

Definitely interested in seeing how this thread goes. Perhaps I'll be inspired to get mine done soon!

Matt
69 Dart Swinger 340
83 W350, Megasquirted with 46RH
Old news: 72 Demon street/race mobile
Latest: 70 Duster backhalf car
and even more