Quote:

Stock eliminator build, while trick, is still very limited head and induction wise, the two areas where not having such limits are helpful.
I am pretty positive what I want to do isn't that hard. 550 or so isn't that much steam with good heads and combination, even at 340 something inches. I don't want to spin this thing much past 7k either. Shouldn't have to either.

Maybe some skipped my reference couple of posts up to that 340/w9 build that broke 600 horse@ 7000 rpm. Dyno's are dyno's and would love to see what that motor ran in a car..... Buts the heads were supposedly barely touched and only went 280.
The heads I would use I think would likely be just as good, if not better.

i have seen that W9 article more than once and its a build that seems like a fun one for sure.
however i doubt a procomp head will get even close to what that W9 does,better sparklplugglocation,better chamber and most scertainly those raised ports will do things to power that a flowbench probably never will tell you about.

i think you are going to need 7500rpm shiftpoints and a fairly temperamental cam to make 550Hp and get solidly into the 10īs with any stock replacement type heads, i think with the stock stroke a better head would make these goals alot easier on parts and a nicer running engine with a wider usable range with lower shiftpoints.