Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The down side to a W-9 deal is headers , intake and cooling system.
You need to be creative with two and lucky with the other.
I'd look at a Super Commando / Indybrock / Procomp kind of deal if you need aluminum or a W-2 if not.
10's is awfully ambitious , but not impossible.

Good post!!

Remember Bondo just went 10.57 with the procomps( first outing) at 9.5 compression in a bench seat swinger. I know the 4 inch crank helps, but no more than3 or 4 tenths, with a relatively small head like that .And I wouldn't be at 9.5 compression either. so make up some power on that front.

Local racer( who sometimes posts on here) has a 340 with J heads and a flat tappet(3100 pound Duster) that has been 11.00's a number of times. His heads go I believe 251max. Ran teens at Norwalk. It's been together a few years now.

Sounds like you had your mind made up and nobody is going to tell you any different. Not sure why you asked for input ??

If you can gain 3-4 tenths with a 5-$600 crank...and have it be more streetable...why wouldn't you ??

Yes... I do have my mind made up. That's why the title of my post said" ideas on how to make a stout STOCK stroke 340".
Instead most everyone keeps saying why not build a stroker instead of stock stroke.
I have had a number of strokers. Just want to do something different this time.
Doesn't appear many have tried this, I am interested to give it a shot.

i will repeat it,get some real good heads and you can do it, sawing money doing it with "stockstyle" heads is harder than needed and you will get a much better engine with better heads. look at any modern pushrod V8 and see how they make power,they do it with great heads and much milder cams than would be used in oldschool engines with heads that are crap by comparison and i dont care what cnc ported Procomps flow there is much better heads out there but they will cost you more in valvetrain