Quote:

Need a little more smoothing on a couple of those graphs, I think.

AFR is spikey at idle because of leaky headers (soon to be scrapped) and has some spikes around where I lifted off the throttle. AFR is smooth enough where I care (WOT). Other than that it's all useful information. The other traces are ON/OFF, 0-5volt and what may appear to be spikes are control signals I'm monitoring. The obvious voltage spikes can't really be 'smoothed away' without modifying the signal and I'd really like to keep them anyway. The red trace doesn't go to zero because when it's not 'High' it shows the voltage on the coolant temperature sending unit. I can look at that trace and see what the engine temp was at any point. It works so well that I added the transmission temp to the tan signal but it needs to be amplified some to be useful.

After using this Innovate LM-2 I can't imagine trying to do any tuning with an in-dash gauge. Just the problem of the slow response time of the display prevents anything but steady-state readings. With the recording I can see how signals change over short time intervals and correlate them with other events such as transbrake release, shift points, and such.

I also find the OBD2 feature more useful than I thought. It will display DTC's and tell you what they mean (for the generic ones) or clear them for you.