Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

So we are assuming this spline engagement issue is causing an un correctable bump steer issue?

I will say the 1/8th or so will effect bump steer, not saying it's a huge amount. I'm just thinking of my setup . I found moving the inner tie rod 1/8th did affect bump steer by about .020"( moving the outer tie rod had more effect) I also found you can't move the inner tire rod much as it hits the torsion bars.(Dangina I'd double check this!) I'm using 1.120" All the hours I spent getting it to where I did I would want the arm to mount in the same spot as my original box. I found Stock e bodys have ( mine was anyway?) about 3/4-1" of bump steer in 3 inches of compression travel. So with 99% of E/B body's out there will .020" make much difference? Nope... I'm just concerned with mine as I'm considering buying one of these boxes. I hear A body's do not suffer from the same issue though. I don't know for sure as I've never worked on one?

Maybe somewhat hidden in my question, do we know how correct the bumpsteer is before this new issue, or could the 1/8" actually improve matters, strictly by chance?

I actually bought the bumpsteer setup from longacre, finally get the chance today put it on and check what I'm at, and the kit they sent me is just a blank plate. I'll have to drill out the hub and 5x4.5" holes myself on my days off which unfortunatly is not until mid next week. If its not one thing its another...