As good as the swap to a Borgeson box may sound, one thing to consider, for those who care, is that most sanctioned club rules (say, for autocross competition having guidelines of rules), will not allow this swap within certain classes/categories, or else, the swap will end up bumping your car into another class/category.. then.. you have an entire new set of rules to comply with and try to remain competitive with the balance of the class.

This swap would not be legal in the SCCA Solo class/category of E/Street Prepared... and it would be questionably legal in the Street-Mod class/category... but certainly OK in the C/Prepared all-out race class/category. Another club that I'm becoming active in, for hi-speed road-course autocross events/championship series (www.mcscc.org) doesn't allow this type of swap in the class that I plan to run.

In other words, as I've always advised, be ready to accept the consequences. I believe this is a great weight reducer as its prime advantage, and installing the box with the fast-ratio arms would make a huge difference compared to a ps box without the fast-ratio arms, especially for running through tight pylon autocross events.

My current T/A ps box, having the correct pitman and longer idler arms, AND with the Saginaw pump, plus with a reduced diameter steering wheel (mine is 11.5" diameter.. not really too small).. all combines to react very quickly through pylon manuevers, as well as on street/hwy/and road courses. Granted, the heavier weight of the original T/A ps box is there, but that's something that, according to the club "rules"... has to be accepted.

Mopar Mitch "Road racers and autocrossers go in deeper and come out harder!"... and rain never stops us from having fun with our cars... in fact, it makes us better drivers! Check out MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE, August 2006 issue for feature article and specs on my autocross T/A!