Quote:

Ha... I was going to make the same joke about mounting the Mustang rims backwards.

Had the thought yesterday, while reading your post, about utilizing cheap Bullit wheels on the front and seeing if I could find, or have built reasonably, some(what) matching rears in the deep dish I need. Since some day I'd like to upgrade to a 13"/Viper and rear disks this would be a big plus as those kits seem to be set up for this type rim. Not done looking yet. Do you have a web site or contact info for the fella selling the American Racing rims you mentioned?

Two relatively cheapish ways to go here. One, buy some used deep dish Bullits and have them widened to the front. Problems with this idea: visible weld in the dish might put off some people, you're widening an already pretty wide rim, and will likely end up over 12", then you'll need a wiiiiide tire which are wicked-expensive new or very hard to find used (that said i've snagged a pair ov 335/18's and a pair ov 315/17's used in the span ov 2 weeks). Further, widening will start at $400 a pair usually.

The other way is to find that guy with the custom Torque Thrust II's. He'll make what you need (i've talked to him). Now, having said that... i lost his number, and his ad is gone from Ebay.

Edit: He has other custom 18x11's up now. A Torque Thrust D lookin' thing, and a 'Hipster' rim. Same custom deal. Seller is 'ronsrims1' on Ebay (or just look up '18x11 wheel' and scroll down to around the $370 range). Seem to remember they were about $365 each (TT2's), took about 4 weeks to make, and shipped for about $100. He can make you any offset in basic increments. I bet he could still make you some TT2's. He also has narrower sizes for the front as you can afford them down the road, or with your limited wheelwell up front you could probably just wait and source a used pair ov 17x8"s or whatever for the front. Maybe some used (dirt cheap) Bullits for now. Mismatched wheels FTW!!! Just like high school!!! Hahaha

So now thats $800, plus used tires. You can fit anything from a 275 to a 335 on an 11" rim... and with 18's there are LOTS ov choices out there for used tires. Found a decent pair ov used 285/35 18 Pilot Sports here for $60. Bought my 75% 335/30/18 Rossos for $200 shipped.