Ha... I was going to make the same joke about mounting the Mustang rims backwards.

Had the thought yesterday, while reading your post, about utilizing cheap Bullit wheels on the front and seeing if I could find, or have built reasonably, some(what) matching rears in the deep dish I need. Since some day I'd like to upgrade to a 13"/Viper and rear disks this would be a big plus as those kits seem to be set up for this type rim. Not done looking yet. Do you have a web site or contact info for the fella selling the American Racing rims you mentioned?

Car is a '74 Duster. I got the car and a big pile of parts as a package deal from a fiend of mine who turned his street/strip Duster into a low 9s beasty. Just prior to that I had sold my 440 '72 Demon which I'd morphed over time too much to the strip side of things and didn't enjoy on the street anymore. So what I ended up with was a huge pile of parts from two car projects: tires, rims, OD 4sd, narrowed axle, low mile +400 hp 360, TTI headers, ect. and a gutted and rust free, except trunk floor, Duster body. Wasn't interested in drag racing anymore so I set out to just build a nice street car out of all this. Began with mini tubing and building my own tri-4 link to use the axle and rim/tires on hand. Over time I got more and more interested in road race and auto-x as I had moved south from the Seattle area to just north of Portland, Oregon which has a nice road course.

Sooo...Chassis is completed and now I'm staring at the rims/tires/brakes and realizing that it is just WRONG for my new interest. Have ZERO desire in replacing the rear axle after two years of work setting it up. So how do I get from where I'm at to where I want to go? Thus my question on the MT SRs and bias plys there after. I know it doesn't fit in this forum but who would know better than the guys doing it?

Not stuck on 17s at all, in fact, I like the 18s for the tie rod clearance in the front. Just can't swing the $3k required AND buy everything I need to get the car finished at this point. My goal is to complete this pig over the fall-winter-spring so I can get some use out of it next summer.

Maybe, just maybe, there is a combo of Mustang rims, or similar, with a spacer that would work. I'm looking into that too. It's down right aggravating to search through the new rim offerings @ $100-170 or even less used. Flip that offset the other way around and its 3-4x that price. Yes I know why....

I've pretty much decided on the SRs if, in the end, I'm stuck with 15s for awhile.