Quote:

Pale Roader ~ I would be happy to run Mustang wheels and they would work fine in front but not in the rear. There are no Mustang wheels with a negative offset even close to what I need (narrowed A body 8 3/4, mini tub, custom 4 link) including the use of spacers. Can you imagine how bad I would get flamed here if I even suggested utilizing studs/spacers that big?

However... your comment got me thinking in a different direction. I'm going to do some research and will be back with my findings.

Again, without reading your original post, it sounds like you're building a drag car. A-body rears are already pretty narrow. I'm generally assured that up to a 2" spacer is still very safe. But if we're talking STOCK Mustang rims that still leaves you pretty sucked into the well. You could pony up for a PAIR ov 17x10.5"s for the rear. In 'deep dish' configuration they have a decent dish to them (around 6.5" backspace). How about a pair ov brand new 10.5" deep dish Bullits on Ebay right now for $220? or all for (9" fronts) for $435?

If you need more dish than that, well... not sure how you'd do that cheap. Even welding some perches on a C-body rear and stuffing that in there wouldn't be cheap. If you got a certain style, you could have a wheel guy widen some rims to the front (not inside) but then you'd have a visible weld in the dish. Widening used to be cheap in some places, but these days its hard to find anyone that'll do a rim for less than $200.

Failing all that, maybe mount some Mustang rims backwards? hahahahaha