Quote:

I didn't go as it was too far away to be financially doable. I would attend if a race were within say a 4 hour drive. I have read the posts on this subject. I agree with those who are concerned about losing a major event. They are few and far between. I can agree also with those who were not paid what they expected. I can also agree if the payout was going to be changed. The racers should have been notified in advance either by answering e-mails or a hand out at the gate. They then would have had an opportunity to not enter if they choose. Probably wouldn't have been very many who wouldn't have entered a that point. But all would have been aware of the situation and no reason to grumble about it in public.

I also agree with the person who suggested moving it to a lesser track. The overhead would be less and the opportunity to break even is better. I also think that local sponsorship might be doable at a local level.

Also need to get local Mopar car clubs involved. This is where the spectators will come from. In our area there are 5 clubs within 200 miles of MoKan Dragway. If you were to provide an incentive for club participation. I think you could easily get good attendance. Look what Chris McGraw was able to do at Hearland Park with his event in the early 2000. I'm just saying if it is all about having a good time and racing. It doesn't have to be a premier track. They are nice but expensive to rent. The fun will be the same at a lesser facility. And the promoter may have the chance to prosper and the event grow. JMO Jim

Jim, I have been in discussions with Josh about adding another event to the MMW series down here in TN at I40 Dragway in Crossville. We have an all Mopar event coming up in a couple weeks (the first weekend of October), and are hoping to get the word out to the southern Mopar racers such as yourself who would like a closer event. We are hoping next year our little track down here will be joining the MMW series.

So Josh is indeed and has been looking at smaller venues to hold the MMW at. The biggest problem with the smaller tracks is that most can't handle a car count like Norwalk just had. Sometimes the bigger tracks are a necessity for that reason alone. Hope to see any and all that can make it in October!! (shameless plug, lol).