Moparts

The Official Monster Mopar Thread

Posted By: tboomer

The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/18/13 02:48 PM

Guys..We have too many threads going on this. I have seen personal attacks and a lot of complaints. Rather than going thru all of that and cleaning that mess up let's put everything in this thread. The last thing I want to see is members attacking each other. It just will not be tolerated! So go ahead and post away! It might even be nice to see some helpful hints and advice to keep the series going. Thank You! Ted
Posted By: rt66jim

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/18/13 03:14 PM

I didn't go as it was too far away to be financially doable. I would attend if a race were within say a 4 hour drive. I have read the posts on this subject. I agree with those who are concerned about losing a major event. They are few and far between. I can agree also with those who were not paid what they expected. I can also agree if the payout was going to be changed. The racers should have been notified in advance either by answering e-mails or a hand out at the gate. They then would have had an opportunity to not enter if they choose. Probably wouldn't have been very many who wouldn't have entered a that point. But all would have been aware of the situation and no reason to grumble about it in public.

I also agree with the person who suggested moving it to a lesser track. The overhead would be less and the opportunity to break even is better. I also think that local sponsorship might be doable at a local level.

Also need to get local Mopar car clubs involved. This is where the spectators will come from. In our area there are 5 clubs within 200 miles of MoKan Dragway. If you were to provide an incentive for club participation. I think you could easily get good attendance. Look what Chris McGraw was able to do at Hearland Park with his event in the early 2000. I'm just saying if it is all about having a good time and racing. It doesn't have to be a premier track. They are nice but expensive to rent. The fun will be the same at a lesser facility. And the promoter may have the chance to prosper and the event grow. JMO Jim
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/18/13 03:22 PM

Since we did attend MM at Indy and Norwalk we want to address our thoughts.
1- both were great events
2-rain had adverse effects on both events
3-car count was off at Indy
4-communications could have been better before and after both events
5-many racers feel the event is slanted to the 10.5 cars
6-confusion on the payouts need to be clarified
7-Josh needs to take a more active role and make his presence more noteable.
8-If others are going to represent Josh they should have their information correct.
9-Updates of any changes should be made before,during and after the race in a timely fashion.
10- when questions arise they should be answered in a timely fashion.
These comments are not made to complain or badmouth anyone,just examples of suggestions to help make future events go more smoothly.
Having attended many events put on by other promoters I can say that there has been issues with everyone.We gave others quite a few years to resolve their issues and we seen their events weaken or fall by the wayside.Not to make excuses for Josh,but he is new at this game and has to get past his learning curve.I personally feel Josh has a full plate of other issues and needs a good event director to handle events of this magnitude.MM is bigger and better than many past events and held at larger venues and needs constant managment to minimize issues.
As usual BGR will attend and support Mopar Events unless we feel the promoter is disrespectful of the racers.
Posted By: mark42202

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/18/13 03:52 PM

Quote:

I didn't go as it was too far away to be financially doable. I would attend if a race were within say a 4 hour drive. I have read the posts on this subject. I agree with those who are concerned about losing a major event. They are few and far between. I can agree also with those who were not paid what they expected. I can also agree if the payout was going to be changed. The racers should have been notified in advance either by answering e-mails or a hand out at the gate. They then would have had an opportunity to not enter if they choose. Probably wouldn't have been very many who wouldn't have entered a that point. But all would have been aware of the situation and no reason to grumble about it in public.

I also agree with the person who suggested moving it to a lesser track. The overhead would be less and the opportunity to break even is better. I also think that local sponsorship might be doable at a local level.

Also need to get local Mopar car clubs involved. This is where the spectators will come from. In our area there are 5 clubs within 200 miles of MoKan Dragway. If you were to provide an incentive for club participation. I think you could easily get good attendance. Look what Chris McGraw was able to do at Hearland Park with his event in the early 2000. I'm just saying if it is all about having a good time and racing. It doesn't have to be a premier track. They are nice but expensive to rent. The fun will be the same at a lesser facility. And the promoter may have the chance to prosper and the event grow. JMO Jim

Jim, I have been in discussions with Josh about adding another event to the MMW series down here in TN at I40 Dragway in Crossville. We have an all Mopar event coming up in a couple weeks (the first weekend of October), and are hoping to get the word out to the southern Mopar racers such as yourself who would like a closer event. We are hoping next year our little track down here will be joining the MMW series.

So Josh is indeed and has been looking at smaller venues to hold the MMW at. The biggest problem with the smaller tracks is that most can't handle a car count like Norwalk just had. Sometimes the bigger tracks are a necessity for that reason alone. Hope to see any and all that can make it in October!! (shameless plug, lol).
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/18/13 03:52 PM

Bob George has just about summed it up and I'm sure there may be a few more little things but like he said. It ALL TAKES TIME!!!!!

I can also see where Josh has stepped it up in a few area's over past promoters so he is on the right path. I just hope he will stick it out and grow this series so we can all have a place to play but also have a points series to keep it a little competitve. It will take time and input from many but it also has to be fair to the "Promoter" and the attendees. Maybe if there were a couple of events at lesser tracks that could make $$$$ that could help fund the MM finals at Norwalk? I also must ad that Josh has been going through some personal issues in the family and if it was me I know I would not have had any focus on the event at all so please think of this aspect of it also.

As for my experience I have been to Indy and Norwalk and loved them both. I was really impressed with the turn out at Norwalk This years event reminded me of events of several years ago when we filled the place with race cars and show cars all weekend and we had fun and more fun!!!

Russ
Posted By: silverfish

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/18/13 04:11 PM

Here is an official report that people can fill out in order to file their formal complaint about MMW. Just fill in the blanks and fax or email it to Josh and I'm sure he will file it in it's proper location for you.

Posted By: cudaboy

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/18/13 04:18 PM

Quote:

many racers feel the event is slanted to the 10.5 cars

In what way? I have been to two of the MMW events as a spectator and really didn't see a difference.

Dennis
Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/18/13 04:18 PM

Quote:

Here is an official report that people can fill out in order to file their formal complaint about MMW. Just fill in the blanks and fax or email it to Josh and I'm sure he will file it in it's proper location for you.

That is priceless. And very true.

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/18/13 04:23 PM

They biggest issue we see on this site and others is when someone brings a concern or question up it is not addressed but attacked by others that have nothing to contribute in the way of an answer,explanation or resolution but just want to .
We see many viable concerns and questions go unanswered but not unchallenged,usually the challenger has a different agenda or just trying to feel important,it's not working guys.I see many topics on post that I disagree with but I hold back commenting unless I can contribute in a positive manner.
People tend to take things personal or bring their own personal issues into a discussion and forget the original question or concerns.Once it gets to that level all viable meaning is lost and someone makes an azz of themselves.

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/18/13 04:36 PM

I like Gary. Think I will keep a copy on my counter here a work. Jim
Posted By: cgall

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/18/13 04:40 PM

Ted, why did you delete Prochamp's post about the Norwalk payouts? He had a legitimate issue and Josh King posted that it was a mistake. Josh King also posted that the Q16 racers confronted him and he paid them the full advertized purse.

There is no other way to make this right than to pay the other classes eighthfinalists on up the full advertized purse.

By deleting that thread, you have now allowed Josh King to remove the URL from the MM website and his posts admitting the mistake are gone.

Ted, were you told to delete the thread?
Posted By: a493demon

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/18/13 04:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

many racers feel the event is slanted to the 10.5 cars

In what way? I have been to two of the MMW events as a spectator and really didn't see a difference.

Dennis

I agree I don't see it either. brad

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/18/13 04:51 PM

Quote:

This is just the kind of thing that will piss off racers,It's fine for Josh's Fast Mopar site but has no place here.It is basicly saying anyone with a question or concern is a whinner and complainer.Remember we are all potential attendees of these events.If this is MM official response I consider it a joke.Racers with concerns an questions need answers not jokes.

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/18/13 04:56 PM

Quote:

This is just the kind of thing that will piss off racers,It's fine for Josh's Fast Mopar site but has no place here.It is basicly saying anyone with a question or concern is a whinner and complainer.Remember we are all potential attendees of these events.If this is MM official response I consider it a joke.Racers with concerns an questions need answers not jokes.

Ease up man. It was just meant as a joke to lighten up the mood about this whole thing. I don't think anyone else has taken it seriously.

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/18/13 05:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Ease up man. It was just meant as a joke to lighten up the mood about this whole thing. I don't think anyone else has taken it seriously.

Scott, believe me it didn't even make me take a deep breath,a J/K would have been appropiate.I'am glad you don't think anyone else took it seriously but someone got pissed enough to tell me to see that this was on Josh's site.If there is one usually there's more.I don't think by lightening the mood answers anyone's concerns but thanks for trying.I hope that your response is recieved as humor the way it was intended.

PS: Matt says it's priceless and true.Ted tried hard to clean up all the crap and give the post a clean start with "official"
Posted By: Dartin

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/18/13 05:15 PM

As usual, Bob George's rational and thought out reply hit the nail on the head. I had a great time and plan to attend both of Josh's events next year.

Randy
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/18/13 05:15 PM

Just a few of the comments I have received on this site( all by well known and long time members who are well respected)....notably not a single bad word has been sent my way...

" Well said,my friend"

" Don, I am glad you and few others are at least seeing and speaking the truth"

" Don, be careful, I have been told not to post on these threads"

" Myself, no way I would drive 12 hours for a payout that isn't even posted"

I could post other comments, but they are more personal regards there feelings about how the events have been trotted out.

I can understand sticking up for Josh because of worry about having a Mopar event to race at, but its simply unfair to get slammed for posting facts... none of which thus far have been refuted.
That is almost always the action of people who have no comeback at all, they just think by ridiculing someone, it will lessen the impact of what they said.Doesnt work that way, just shows ignorance.
Josh should simply grow up, quit making lame excuses, and if he has a problem, let everyone know instead of only dealing ith it when he is forced to. That is ALWAYS the best recipe for success.

Personally, the badmouthing doesnt bother me at all. Nobody that knows me well and I consider a friend( and I have many on here I can call friends) has spoken negatively like a few others of you have.

You should listen to Bob George. He has an outstanding reputation in the racing community, has promoted events himself, and made many excellent points.
Unfortunately for me, he has way better political skills than I will ever have.

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/18/13 05:18 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Exactly how it was taken by me. sometimes you have to laugh at yourself. Doesn't mean the issues weren't real and those who were wronged shouldn't get an explanation.

Bob I would bet even you had a chuckle as well. Or maybe I just too old and thicked skinned. Anyway it made me laugh.

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/18/13 05:20 PM

Quote:

Just a few of the comments I have received on this site( all by well known and long time members who are well respected)....notably not a single bad word has been sent my way...

" Well said,my friend"

" Don, I am glad you and few others are at least seeing and speaking the truth"

" Don, be careful, I have been told not to post on these threads"

" Myself, no way I would drive 12 hours for a payout that isn't even posted"

I could post other comments, but they are more personal regards there feelings about how the events have been trotted out.

I can understand sticking up for Josh because of worry about having a Mopar event to race at, but its simply unfair to get slammed for posting facts... none of which thus far have been refuted.
That is almost always the action of people who have no comeback at all, they just think by ridiculing someone, it will lessen the impact of what they said.Doesnt work that way, just shows ignorance.
Josh should simply grow up, quit making lame excuses, and if he has a problem, let everyone know instead of only dealing ith it when he is forced to. That is ALWAYS the best recipe for success.

Personally, the badmouthing doesnt bother me at all. Nobody that knows me well and I consider a friend( and I have many on here I can call friends) has spoken negatively like a few others of you have.

You should listen to Bob George. He has an outstanding reputation in the racing community, has promoted events himself, and made many excellent points.
Unfortunately for me, he has way better political skills than I will ever have.

It's not political skills at all, it's just what we call down on the farm "common sence" which you have as well.
Posted By: joshking440

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/18/13 05:34 PM

First of all, I have apologized...like 9 times....so here it is again

I am truly sorry for not posting the payouts in a timely manner!

That being said, there is no link on my site that takes you to payouts that I can find. I have looked, I looked when they posted that it was there and I still dont see it. Im sorry.

I had given the track the payout structure prior to the event so they could answer the people who called.

Im sorry.

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/18/13 05:35 PM

I would also like a single person to point out how the 10.5 cars or any other class is treated any differently that the next?

Anyone?

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/18/13 05:35 PM

Few years back US131 dragway decided for one season to try heads up and index racing. It tickled me because I had raced points up at Stanton in the shootout series up there for like 3 seasons, and it was a pretty good haul. This was 10.0 " real street" class that I was in up there. 4 tenths tree, yada, yada.
Martin ended up having 3 events that year. I was fortunate enough to win all three of them and they paid 600 bucks to win.

At the last one, I went up to the tower to collect my winnings and my check was just 400 bucks. I asked the GM, Jason, why I was getting shorted 200 bucks. He pulled up the website and pointed out where it clearly stated that the 600 was for an 8 car qualified field in Real Street. Only 7 cars had showed up that night, thus the diminished purse.
I apologized, and thanked him for pointing that out to me. When its clear, there is zero room for ambiguity.
Posted By: cudasteve68

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/18/13 05:38 PM

Who won what?

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/18/13 05:39 PM

Quote:

First of all, I have apologized...like 9 times....so here it is again

I am truly sorry for not posting the payouts in a timely manner!

That being said, there is no link on my site that takes you to payouts that I can find. I have looked, I looked when they posted that it was there and I still dont see it. Im sorry.

I had given the track the payout structure prior to the event so they could answer the people who called.

Im sorry.

Thanks, doesn't get any better than that

Once I get another car around, you can expect my attendance and support...if I don't get turned away at the gate
Posted By: julian2007

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/18/13 06:08 PM

Quote:

Who won what?

I won the beer drinking contest, the fun having contest, the having the most friends at the track contest, the having a full size fridge under my tent full of beer contest, The drink Keith McKellar under the table contest (twice) ,The turtle and squirrel frying contest, The ice cream eating contest, The steak eating contest, The clam eating contest and the being a a$$hole in general contest.

But Did not win absolute $hit in the drag racing contest.

I also get there Wednesday at 8:00 pm and left Monday at 4:30 am so that has to be some kind of con test win as well.

FLAME ON EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached picture 7856991-SKINNY.jpg
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/18/13 06:19 PM

I tried to win the ice cream contest but failed miserably. One pound is a LOT.

I won the "most trips to the bathrooms on a minibike" contest.

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/18/13 06:22 PM

Quote:

Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/18/13 06:30 PM

Quote:

In all my years of going to Norwalk I have only finished 2 whole serving of ice creme at Norwalk. The first time was in 2010 after I rolled my Daytona during the Mopar race but I kinda cheated as I put part of it in the motorhome freezer till later. And this year at the NHRA national event Friday morning as they finished drying the track for qualifying. I sat at a park bench till it was done. Man that's a lot of ice creme.
Posted By: RSNOMO

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/18/13 06:40 PM

Cheese and rice my man...

You've gone above and beyond the call of duty to make it happen...

Maybe it should be 'Monster Mopar at Chuckie Cheese's'...

You've got not a thing to apologize for...

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/18/13 06:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Who won what?

I won the beer drinking contest, the fun having contest, the having the most friends at the track contest, the having a full size fridge under my tent full of beer contest, The drink Keith McKellar under the table contest (twice) ,The turtle and squirrel frying contest, The ice cream eating contest, The steak eating contest, The clam eating contest and the being a a$$hole in general contest.

I also get there Wednesday at 8:00 pm and left Monday at 4:30 am so that has to be some kind of con test win as well.

^^^^This guy has it figured out! That's my kind of attitude!
Posted By: FlyFish

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/18/13 06:47 PM

Quote:

1- both were great events
2-rain had adverse effects on both events
3-car count was off at Indy
4-communications could have been better before and after both events
5-many racers feel the event is slanted to the 10.5 cars
6-confusion on the payouts need to be clarified
7-Josh needs to take a more active role and make his presence more noteable.
8-If others are going to represent Josh they should have their information correct.
9-Updates of any changes should be made before,during and after the race in a timely fashion.
10- when questions arise they should be answered in a timely fashion.

Well put, and very accurate. Thanks for summing it up.
Posted By: cudaboy

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/18/13 07:11 PM

I won a free shirt from BigTime.

Dennis
Posted By: Dartin

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/18/13 08:20 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Who won what?

^^^^This guy has it figured out! That's my kind of attitude!

X2

Randy
Posted By: old yeller

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/18/13 08:58 PM

Quote:

I would also like a single person to point out how the 10.5 cars or any other class is treated any differently that the next?

Anyone?

If anything were treated like chit We always seemed to get bounced around the line up...myself I have better things to do than sit around 6 hours to make one pass...So this event will be my last MMW event....
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/18/13 09:14 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Anyone?

If anything were treated like chit We always seemed to get bounced around the line up...myself I have better things to do than sit around 6 hours to make one pass...So this event will be my last MMW event....

Russ

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/18/13 09:18 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PS: Matt says it's priceless and true.Ted tried hard to clean up all the crap and give the post a clean start with "official"

Bob you are right, i did say that. And i stand by it. It was very funny and priceless. But my comment does not take anything away from the people with legitimate concerns. I hope everyone gets a result they are happy with.
But that is still one of the funniest things i have seen in a long time.

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/18/13 10:43 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bob you are right, i did say that. And i stand by it. It was very funny and priceless. But my comment does not take anything away from the people with legitimate concerns. I hope everyone gets a result they are happy with.
But that is still one of the funniest things i have seen in a long time.

Matt,I agree it was funny in the right context,that it was priceless and true is the disagreement.As it was clarified as in humor it has no effect on the true issues.

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/18/13 10:57 PM

I agree with you Bob. Its all about context.

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/18/13 11:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Anyone?

Well that works out best for the track clean up crew.
Posted By: all spooled up

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/18/13 11:15 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Anyone?

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/19/13 12:06 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Anyone?

Lol.
Posted By: 10 o to go

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/19/13 03:19 AM

I believe their was a early post in the spring time about how the payouts and points series were going to work . Unfortnutlly not one event was completely finished .Unless Norwalk finished with 2 S/P left when it started to sprinkle Sun evening .
More race cars more track time .

Giving two time runs Sat was great if we had half of the cars but pro alone had around 160 S/P around 90 ,Sportsman 60 plus .10.5 ?? quik car ??
I do know the 10.0 class had like 50 cars and some running 10.50s
Thanks to John CRT for sponsoring ,but I believe changes in that class need to be made .It was a free time run to all door cars with a CRT sticker.
Small entry fee for those serious and up the purse .JMO
1 time run on Sat and buybacks
1 time run on Sun and buybacks .Not a eleminations rd then buyback

Track crew did a great job trying Friday Sat to get track prepped but we hear about snow and rain affected by lake effects.

Communication could improve with facebook ,website ,.
Hope to see a Third event 2014 .
Posted By: Jeepster363G

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/19/13 04:11 AM

Why would you need a time run on Sunday? I rolled in Sunday morning and went a few rounds with no time runs. Should have a grasp by then.
Posted By: UNDERDOGG

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/20/13 08:37 PM

I would like to see a A/M (ALL MOTOR) heads up class with no wheelie bars. Just like they have at Milan Mi.No power adders,no electronics.
This would be a excellant class to have.
Posted By: Whompin_Wedge

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/20/13 11:05 PM

Quote:

I would like to see a A/M (ALL MOTOR) heads up class with no wheelie bars. Just like they have at Milan Mi.No power adders,no electronics.

9 times out of 10 those classes come down to who has the most money... The 10.5 show they have now is fairly equal which is nice.

Casey
Posted By: BigDog68Dart

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/21/13 12:53 AM

another class to extend the program? lets get to the real question, will I get my 3 dollar shipping and handling fee back next year for the pre-registration entry that everyone picked up at track? cost more to pre enter ?
Posted By: dennismopar73

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/21/13 03:07 AM

7 classes is enough,! Then add the 10,5 cars more than enough when you have over 500 cars ,some are doubled, up, makes for alot to get down a track on great days!
The issues that have been brought up, have been addressed, , Josh has said and did what needed to be addressed, one will see if the next event at Indy how the changes work!
As for going to some type of smaller track, to make more money fine , but once you go to a lesser track, then the lesser racers you will attract along with size of such a show!
jmo ,,,, but ,,, if over 500 race cars , double enteries, buy backs, over 130 show cars, spectators, vendors, swap meet spaces , if you don't make money at that, you never will! jmo!
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/21/13 12:18 PM

Quote:

What car do you race that you would be bringing?

Why couldn't you run it in the X10.5 class now?

Milans rules allow wheelie bars.

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/21/13 01:29 PM

After reading all the posts on this site this is all I have to say.I have been racing for 20 + years and all the promoted shows ran just fine until the internet and forums reared there ugly head. We never Pi$$ed and moaned about anything we just raced and had a good time and with any luck we collected are money. Make no mistake the internet has done more harm than good when it comes to good manners and respectful conversation. Most people on the net are Keyboard tough guys because the other person they are running there mouth to is not within swinging distance.

Back in the day everything was printed on glossy paper and there was no argument about entry, purse or parking because it was printed on black and white, there was no "well that web site was wrong and this web site is correct". The internet is a sucky pic of crap that has ruined everything including drag racing.All it is is people posting dirty pics and being a$$holes to each other.

Texting sucks also all its good for is getting people killed because of texting and driving."texting is cool because when I want something from someone I don't have to talk to them". If I have herd that once I have herd that a thousand times and its pathetic. Its unbelievable to be how good we have it and all anyone does is [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] about it on the @!@@ing internet. Get your heads out of your a$$es.

I got to go I'm going to call my friends and ask how they are doing.
Posted By: cgall

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/21/13 03:12 PM

Bruce, I have been racing for 39 years and long before the internet and cell phones were invented there were race promoters short-changing racers at the payout window. I remember in the late 90's I lost in the semi's at Edgewater, went to the window and got my $100, the guy that beat me won the final and came over and started arguing with lady that still works there. He was supposed to get $600 but she gave him $400, said we didn't have enough cars to pay the full purse. She did not know how many cars there were nor did she know how many it took to make the full pay. Needless to say, I didn't go back there for about 5 years. The internet and cell phones today are not to blame for shady race management, they are tools that allow us to get the word around more quickly.

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/21/13 03:58 PM

Good lord is this thread still going? It's over, it's done, history. Move on people. The world isn't perfect, people aren't perfect, and mistakes are made sometimes. Drop it. If you don't agree then see my first post in this thread and fill out the form
Posted By: dartman366

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/21/13 04:01 PM

At least my local track post's the payout on their web site and how many cars it's takes to get it.
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/21/13 04:35 PM

Quote:

Good lord is this thread still going? It's over, it's done, history. Move on people. The world isn't perfect, people aren't perfect, and mistakes are made sometimes. Drop it. If you don't agree then see my first post in this thread and fill out the form

Just asking, is there some reason that you are allowed to state your opinion on the subject but anyone else who feels they have a complaint is essentially being called a whiner by you?

Your replies like this are a prime example of what Bob George is talking about when he said:

Quote:

They biggest issue we see on this site and others is when someone brings a concern or question up it is not addressed but attacked by others that have nothing to contribute in the way of an answer,explanation or resolution but just want to .
We see many viable concerns and questions go unanswered but not unchallenged,usually the challenger has a different agenda or just trying to feel important,it's not working guys.I see many topics on post that I disagree with but I hold back commenting unless I can contribute in a positive manner.
People tend to take things personal or bring their own personal issues into a discussion and forget the original question or concerns.Once it gets to that level all viable meaning is lost and someone makes an azz of themselves.

These days people are going to vent online on forums like this. That's the way things are now.

I couldn't afford to go to either Monster Mopar event this year. The money just wasn't there to make the trips.

Hopefully next year will be better, it looks like it should be.

Hopefully Josh has all the bugs worked out for next year and is able to address peoples concerns.

There will always be someone who's going to complain, all you can do is try to eliminate the possible reasons.
Communication is the key.

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/21/13 06:06 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Just asking, is there some reason that you are allowed to state your opinion on the subject but anyone else who feels they have a complaint is essentially being called a whiner by you?

Your replies like this are a prime example of what Bob George is talking about when he said:

Quote:

These days people are going to vent online on forums like this. That's the way things are now.

I couldn't afford to go to either Monster Mopar event this year. The money just wasn't there to make the trips.

Hopefully next year will be better, it looks like it should be.

Hopefully Josh has all the bugs worked out for next year and is able to address peoples concerns.

There will always be someone who's going to complain, all you can do is try to eliminate the possible reasons.
Communication is the key.

Man I'm not trying to offend anyone I'm just trying to say let it go. There are more important things in this world to worry and complain about than this. Carrying on with it for a week is just ridiculous. My original post with the hurt feelings report was seriously meant as a joke. I never in my life thought a single person would take that personal and not see it as a joke. This last post that you quoted was just me voicing my opinion like everyone else. I think it's crazy that people are still complaining about something so trivial. I would race even if there was a zero payout. It's not about the money, it's about burning rubber, smelling the leaded gasoline, and going fast. It just seems people want to complain about every little thing anymore. Why not recognize how much effort and time Josh put into this event instead of finding the one little thing he did wrong and dwell on it

I didn't put the politically correct "lol" at the end of my last statement about filling out the form but I did put at the end of it so I assumed everyone would realize I was joking yet again and just trying to lighten the mood. You guys griping at me for doing stuff like this makes it seem like you are a teacher trying to keep the kids from having a good time lol. The overall mood in this whole forum is so serious it really bothers me. Chill out, enjoy life, laugh at things every once in a while.

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/21/13 09:11 PM

Get all the BS over with already.It has been clearly outlined what the questions and concerns were and they need to be addressed for future events before the event gets underway not after the fact.I commend Josh's apology and thank him for responding.Pittsburghracer,John made the statement that communication is important and I agree.I commented likewise and added in a timely fashion and most agreed.With the communications available(internet and otherwize)it's and easy problem to solve.But it also give a sounding board for many to express their opinions,weather they were part of the event or not. We have entertained both constructive comments,humorous comments and rediculous ones.That anyone can express their thoughts freely makes this country great.

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/21/13 09:49 PM

you guys keep bashing the guy who was willing to stick his neck and wallet out all you will be racing is brackets at your local track. The best part is most of the bashers didn't go yet feel the need to pass judgement.

I was there to support the race and I had a good time even though I broke my junk.
Posted By: scottb

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/21/13 10:05 PM

I will support Josh and his races. Are there growing pains yes they are but I would rather race the mopar races and the 10 shoot outs then bracket race at the local tracks .Josh keep up the good work and best of luck with your wifes health issues .Most people on here complaining would never think of putting on a race and deal with health issues at home .
Posted By: PETE@BESTMACHINE

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/21/13 10:09 PM

Amen Bob!

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/21/13 10:19 PM

Quote:

you guys keep bashing the guy who was willing to stick his neck and wallet out all you will be racing is brackets at your local track. The best part is most of the bashers didn't go yet feel the need to pass judgement.

I was there to support the race and I had a good time even though I broke my junk.

The small tire clique still doesn't get it. Josh dropped the ball taking 5 weeks letting the guys know how Indy's Saturday rain-out would be handled. This time he has a race and doesn't post what the payouts would be. I and several others asked what the payouts would be and received no answer so many assumed they would be the same as Indy's, but they weren't. I won't rehash the by-back issue as racers had a choice.
Remember you guys have what, 16 cars maximum per race in the small tire class. Now subtract BREAKAGE and you have maybe 10-13. 4 runs MAXIMUM to win the race. almost every round had singles so to win you had to beat 2-3 guys. How many rounds did no box have with buy backs?
COMMUNICATION is the key. Hopefully after a few failures at it Josh will learn. Remember Josh took over a VERY successful event so hopefully he learned something. His apology was a step in the right direction.
Josh has a lot of guys in his corner and many more hoping to hop in.
Maybe the entry in the small tire class needs raised or the payout needs lowered.

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/21/13 11:10 PM

We don't get it??
How about you can race a pro car for the same payouts the x10.5

You can build a pro car for 10,000.00 and it costs me 100k

I'm not bitching about it, I'm not bitching that only 16 cars showed up, i'm not even bitching my car broke and i only made one pass,

PLEASE have a race and lets see what you pay and what cars show up.
and if you don't want to be a promoter build a X10.5 car cause i just read how easy it is to win that class

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/21/13 11:16 PM

Not that it's anyone's business. The 10.5 class is funded by the sponsors.

If there was no sponsor funding the class there would be no class.

Very similar tho how all this bit-ching has no class.

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/21/13 11:32 PM

Quote:

Exactly! It's like a homeless person on the sidewalk that gripes at a person for giving him $15 instead of $20. Makes no sense.

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/21/13 11:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:

The small tire clique still doesn't get it. Josh dropped the ball taking 5 weeks letting the guys know how Indy's Saturday rain-out would be handled. This time he has a race and doesn't post what the payouts would be. I and several others asked what the payouts would be and received no answer so many assumed they would be the same as Indy's, but they weren't. I won't rehash the by-back issue as racers had a choice.
Remember you guys have what, 16 cars maximum per race in the small tire class. Now subtract BREAKAGE and you have maybe 10-13. 4 runs MAXIMUM to win the race. almost every round had singles so to win you had to beat 2-3 guys. How many rounds did no box have with buy backs?
COMMUNICATION is the key. Hopefully after a few failures at it Josh will learn. Remember Josh took over a VERY successful event so hopefully he learned something. His apology was a step in the right direction.
Josh has a lot of guys in his corner and many more hoping to hop in.
Maybe the entry in the small tire class needs raised or the payout needs lowered.

You need to just go ahead and build a heads up car and get it over with. Quit fighting it. It's blatantly obvious you want one so bad you can hardly stand it!
Posted By: slippery440

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/22/13 12:02 AM

Silverfish you are what I call a two face blank. You come on moparts then post next on fastmopars that we moparts members are idiots for asking questions that any promoter would have to answer. As far as small tire car why don't you put big tires on your junk and go as fast as it can and stop useing the "OH I have a small tire car and can't race a big tire car heads up because it would not be fair for me."
Josh if you lost money on both races this year and in the past years please do youself a favor and stop promoting this race. I would never attend a race that took 5 weeks to get a answer to what happen to the entry fees and now a event that had no flyers that said what the payout was.Yea you aplogized that proves nothing more than you got caught with your hand in the cookie jar.

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/22/13 12:07 AM

you would never go to a race unless it was in your back yard .
Posted By: mark42202

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/22/13 12:33 AM

Quote:

Silverfish you are what I call a two face blank. You come on moparts then post next on fastmopars that we moparts members are idiots for asking questions that any promoter would have to answer. As far as small tire car why don't you put big tires on your junk and go as fast as it can and stop useing the "OH I have a small tire car and can't race a big tire car heads up because it would not be fair for me."
Josh if you lost money on both races this year and in the past years please do youself a favor and stop promoting this race. I would never attend a race that took 5 weeks to get a answer to what happen to the entry fees and now a event that had no flyers that said what the payout was.Yea you aplogized that proves nothing more than you got caught with your hand in the cookie jar.

LMAO, I don't know many big tire cars that aren't full tube chassis cars that could run what a small tire car does on 10.5's. What does your big tire car run?

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/22/13 12:55 AM

Well seams Josh is now comunicating!!
lol

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/22/13 01:14 AM

Quote:

That's where you are wrong. I didn't post that thread in here because it would've been deleted. I have no problem posting it here if it would stay up.

Big tires on our car huh? It has the biggest tires that will fit! It's a street legal car. Not back halved and not tubbed. As always you don't have a clue what you are talking about so just go back to being a troll.
Posted By: rickraw

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/22/13 01:55 AM

I think this thread should end, seems like it's turning into a pissing match.
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/22/13 02:15 AM

Quote:

I agree nothing of use is becoming of it !

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/22/13 02:16 AM

Quote:

Turning? you can't have a normal discussion on here.
Posted By: G-Money1320

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/22/13 02:38 AM

Maybe Josh can learn a couple things from these 2 events and take constructive criticism and suggestions and work them for a better series.1st- I was not happy to be forced to pay for a full weekend when I told the lady at the gate I would not be there for Saturday (family obligations)she said it was a weekend pass, I could also not give my Sat. entry to someone else who just wanted a Sat. entry only. 2nd- What was included in my weekend entry for my money? And 3rd even though the buyback issue has been discussed I think $50 is either a deterrent to shorten the program or a way to just get more money? Either way its too much. I have been a part of these series since they started and have never seen so many 1st round losers leave. Hopefully next year these issues get resolved and everyone can enjoy a great series again!!

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/22/13 02:45 AM

I can't believe all of the talk about buy backs. You drag race, you lose you go home, so the promoter gives YOU the OPTION to buyback in and here we are saying its to much? NOBODY forced anybody to buyback, just loose and go home gracefully. This is supossed to be a fun hobby.
Posted By: rickraw

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/22/13 03:35 AM

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/22/13 03:57 AM

bob you have to think about the time's we are living in today.
the sports for kid's don't keep score because no one loose's ,and god forbid someone goes home without a trophy so the don't try harder and work to become better.

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/22/13 04:19 AM

Quote:

the sports for kid's don't keep score because no one loose's ,and god forbid someone goes home without a trophy so the don't try harder and work to become better.

Touché. That is an excellent point!
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/22/13 04:42 AM

It truly shows.....

the haterade some drink

If you did not even show up....

why the negativity ??

Man some of you guys have been hating since the race in KY....

WOW

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/22/13 04:51 AM

Quote:

It truly shows.....

the haterade some drink

If you did not even show up....

why the negativity ??

Man some of you guys have been hating since the race in KY....

WOW

I ran across this attached pic today. Seems pretty fitting.

Attached picture 7861141-image.jpg
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/22/13 05:19 AM

And I have no dog in this fight, I quit racing decades ago because of the IDIOTS! I wish there were more of you guys who are level-headed! I will just stay on the show/swap side and only hear an occasional gripe, but I will watch the racing, THAT was fun!
Posted By: larry890

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/22/13 05:55 AM

Im surprised this post hasn't been deleted. This is way to edgy for this site. I'm sure it will be gone soon.

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/22/13 12:32 PM

we support every Mopar race that we can attend,sometimes we go long distances with anywhere from 5 to 25 cars along with friends and family in tow.We will continue to do so as long as we feel the promoter is fair and honest.Those who ask valid questions or express honest concerns dreserve answers.All the other BS just clouds the issues.It's hard to deal with the issues in a constructive manner with all the,BS,double talk,and pissing matches thrown in.
I don't post much on the "other sites" but read some of the comments posted there and when those people bring it here and try and change their meaning when questioned.That anyone would say that all Mopar racers are whiners and complainers,then they should look at the words they choose to respond and apply the same logic to themselfs.
Admittedly a lot of what said is meaningless but a few have tried to ask legitimate questions and offer helpfull suggestions,the sad part is lost in the BS.But I guess it's like wading through a shitz flooded basement to unplug the drain.In the end it will all clean up,wash off and hopefully we can all come out smelling like roses.

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/22/13 04:54 PM

Quote:

Well put, trophys and ice cream for everybody
Posted By: MPerry

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/22/13 05:32 PM

Its a shame we can't all just get along and have fun.
I would love to attend a big mopar event such as one of the Monster Mopar events.
I hope it will still be an event in 2014.

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/22/13 06:04 PM

I say at the next Mopar race we have a big campfire and let Master Steve Reasbeck lead us all in a couple of chorus's of Kumbaya.And end with a huge group hug. Maybe we can roast some chestnuts,weenies or marshmellows.
Posted By: jkwedge540

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/22/13 06:48 PM

As soon as I get my junk to hook, can we have buy backs in 10.5 too?
Posted By: ROSSIO

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/23/13 01:31 AM

Hahahaha -stop,that's too funny bob,I'll be at the campfire
But no group huge

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/23/13 02:21 AM

Quote:

I say at the next Mopar race we have a big campfire and let Master Steve Reasbeck lead us all in a couple of chorus's of Kumbaya.And end with a huge group hug. Maybe we can roast some chestnuts,weenies or marshmellows.

Lol! Nice!
Posted By: His and Her 69's

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/23/13 08:26 AM

Ok here is my 2 cents.
I have been to Indy twice and now Norwalk. Weather has been bad at all the events at least 1 day out of 3. It takes money to dry the tracks and let us race and I Think Josh has done his best trying to let us race.

I believe the reason for the racing to take a LONG time to run is people doubling, tripling, and entering 4 different classes to race.
I saw 1 guy entered in 4 different classes so 150.00 must not be too bad. I believe that the sportsman class should have a different ET range, not 9.50 and up as there was a LOT of pro cars in that class also. Change sportsman to 11.50 and up like other series have.

If you have a NSS hemi car that runs 9.50 to 10.0 range you can enter 5 classes, 10.0, hemi, NSS, pro, and sportsman. Now that is a LOT of racing there.
AGAIN Thanks Josh for putting on these Events. I will support your races as much as I can.
David

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/23/13 01:39 PM

Quote:

Its a shame we can't all just get along and have fun.
I would love to attend a big mopar event such as one of the Monster Mopar events.
I hope it will still be an event in 2014.

Everyone does get along at the track when we all face to face. The only time people start this crap is when they have a computer screen to hide behind. The only thing being accomplished here is Bull $hit.

IF ANYONE HAS A PROBLEM BE A MAN ABOUT IT CALL THE PROMOTER AND TALK TO HIM ABOUT IT IN PRIVATE.
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/23/13 01:49 PM

IF ANYONE HAS A PROBLEM BE A MAN ABOUT IT CALL THE PROMOTER AND TALK TO HIM ABOUT IT IN PRIVATE.

Wow what a novel idea, handle your problems like a man. Instead of come on the internet and gossip like a bunch of little girls.

Really wish this thread would end nothing getting accomplished here.

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/23/13 01:58 PM

Quote:

Ok here is my 2 cents.
I have been to Indy twice and now Norwalk. Weather has been bad at all the events at least 1 day out of 3. It takes money to dry the tracks and let us race and I Think Josh has done his best trying to let us race.

I believe the reason for the racing to take a LONG time to run is people doubling, tripling, and entering 4 different classes to race.
I saw 1 guy entered in 4 different classes so 150.00 must not be too bad. I believe that the sportsman class should have a different ET range, not 9.50 and up as there was a LOT of pro cars in that class also. Change sportsman to 11.50 and up like other series have.

If you have a NSS hemi car that runs 9.50 to 10.0 range you can enter 5 classes, 10.0, hemi, NSS, pro, and sportsman. Now that is a LOT of racing there.
AGAIN Thanks Josh for putting on these Events. I will support your races as much as I can.
David

See now that there is a great example of stating your opinion and being diplomatic about it. He named the things he wasn't fond of and offered a couple suggestions but he didn't complain or whine. He thanked the man for his efforts and was an overall decent human being about the whole deal. That's the type of feedback Josh needs, not the whining and bashing.

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/23/13 02:24 PM

Quote:

Bruce, I have been racing for 39 years and long before the internet and cell phones were invented there were race promoters short-changing racers at the payout window. I remember in the late 90's I lost in the semi's at Edgewater, went to the window and got my $100, the guy that beat me won the final and came over and started arguing with lady that still works there. He was supposed to get $600 but she gave him $400, said we didn't have enough cars to pay the full purse. She did not know how many cars there were nor did she know how many it took to make the full pay. Needless to say, I didn't go back there for about 5 years. The internet and cell phones today are not to blame for shady race management, they are tools that allow us to get the word around more quickly.

Did the problem get taken care of on the spot face to face like it should have or on the internet after the fact???

Not one thing is being solved or accomplished here and never will because people turn into someone they are not when they are on the net.

I thought this was a great deal when it first came out you could post a problem and within minutes there were dozens of people trying to help you. All it is now is attacking and pi$$ing and moaning.

No disrespect to you but I respectfully disagree with you when it comes to the internet. I do not believe it to be a tool but it to be the downfall of society

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/23/13 02:26 PM

I would rather that comunication be out in the open,
As for bashing, Anytime someone questions an event it is deamed bashing by some one in the clic,, Then here comes bashing moaning.
The reactions of promoters whom have some issues needs to come out be public about the deal, be up front honest, and get a resolute to the issues, , When you see responses as the dumb 'here file your complaint', is neither appreciated nor acceptical responce, nor did others including me , thought it was funny, the poster did ,, fine,,
I would hope that the promoter would be mindfull and helpfull to all involved and reach out to those whom have issues, ,, no can not make all happy, but you try to make it as best you can , then they can at least say it's all good, ??
May not make them a better person, but then you not conseved as being or comming off as a jerk,!

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/23/13 03:10 PM

ARE WE COMMUNICATING??? A man spoke frantically into the phone: 'My wife is pregnant and her contractions are only two minutes apart'. 'Is this her first child?' the doctor asked. 'No!' the man shouted, 'This is her husband!'

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread - 09/23/13 03:16 PM

Quote:

ARE WE COMMUNICATING??? A man spoke frantically into the phone: 'My wife is pregnant and her contractions are only two minutes apart'. 'Is this her first child?' the doctor asked. 'No!' the man shouted, 'This is her husband!'

Now that's what I call communicating,A statement,a question and an answer,quickly I might add,in a timely fashion.
© 2024 Moparts Forums