I'm sorry to hear all this.
As mentioned, I did go through a auto stem cell transplant using my own cells. I also take a special med to help my immune system fight off any cancer cells that show up. Mine was done over 5 years ago, I'm still here. Prognosis is good.
For me, I turned it all over to the good guy up-stairs. I told the doctors to do what is best and asked them to tell me what they wanted me to do. I did not fight their recommendations. This, because I had a very poor prognosis, with a gene situation, no donors, and an aggressive form of leukemia. I ended up being a guinea pig at ucsf.
I to worry about long term effects of the radiation (I had total body 18 times over the course of 9 days). It's just something that needs to be done.
Great progress is being made applying stem cell therapy to many cancers. Odds of survival are much better than just a few years ago for many forms of cancer.
Right now the only things I suggest is you research and find the best med center for this diagnosis and go all-in there. Do not second guess yourself; get the best and stay the course.
Finally try to be strong through all this, your family needs you.
Hang in there, p.m. me if there is anything you want to ask me, or if there is anything I can do to help.
Anyone else reading this, please consider checking out the links in my sig. It's not for me, I had my chance to find a match and cure, with none to be found. You may be the link for others to be cured of the myriad of maladies stem cells are now being used.