Quote:

Kevin thanks for clarifying there was a "mechanical" on the Green Brick.

Is there anything the rest of us could learn from those "lingering oiling issues" ???

I saw this years results and pics of the AutoX Taxi. Awesome job!

What does the AutoX Taxi weigh? What did the competitors that placed in front of you weigh?

After running the Satellite, the issue is clearly the pan. Areas at Gingerman that would drop to 10-15psi with the Brick were a non issue with the Milodon pan on the Satellite. The accusump has helped for many years, but some tracks have always had long sweepers that would cause low oil pressure issues. That and some maintenance stuff is what killed it.

The car ran 1:38's in practice before the event without the nitrous. So, there is still good pace in the car with it's stock suspension. The TKO 500 and the 2.94 gear didn't help either. That has been a known issue for some time as well.

Not sure on the Satellite weight, has to be close to 4,000 lbs. It's stock down to the ac heater box with aluminum heads/rad and headers being the only weight savings. The four buckets weigh more than the 2 bench seats. Rear bench seats don't weigh much.

That Chevelle in the background of the pic was 3,900 lbs, but slower on the road course. The cars that were faster were 2nd gen Camaros and a 2nd gen Nova. All mega buck pro touring builds.

Being the first time out we had a bunch of little issues to deal with that killed my times. Never sorted the brakes and the car wouldn't stop well at all. Combo of pad compounds and bias adjustments. Engine wouldn't rev past 5k, MSD was breaking up. Sure Grip went out of it and it started spinning the tire everywhere. But, the oversteer was pretty brutal. That's a combination of the rear bar settings and possibly bottoming the rear suspension at corner entry. All will be sorted soon and before Indy.

Basically at Gingerman there is another 3-5 seconds per lap. That would put us well into the top 3 at pretty much all the Pro Touring events, but still 3-4 seconds per lap slower than the fastest OUSCI cars (Popp and Stielow). That's ok for the 4 door B body I think, still torsion bars and leaf springs.

Gets me excited to finish my A body that should be 1,000 lbs less and have another 150hp, but still torsion bar and leaf spring. I still haven't seen any reason to cut off the suspension yet. The fastest Mopars that actually show up at these events continue to be stock based suspensions.

Kevin