Quote:

I've wanted to run these for years for the huge unsprung weight reduction, but durability testing at Chrysler (Chelsea PG) had ALL fiberglass / composite springs failing, and this was on an undriven rear axle (minivan).

If I could be convinced that something has changed / improved...

Rick

So a vette application has zero axle wrap issues. This set pictured below is my second set from Flex a form about 7? years ago. They "looked" rather shoddy. My first set from Flex nearly 20 years ago looked pretty sweet. This second set failed after a few miles on a street driven 3300lb b body 273 4 speed with street tires and zero abuse. Flex replaced with no questions asked, but I posted earlier a pic of the "Chevy"? replacement spring. That spring on my own accord I radius-ed the edges, and painted a heavy coat of grey epoxy for protection. My third set of composite springs are hyperco's?, dark blue and looked well made, and will be likely my next supplier for any more sets.

Last edited by jcc; 02/28/12 03:25 PM.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.