Quote:

Quote:

Could you weight one before you put them on the car?
How did you decide what rate to choose?

I weighed one on a car scale - 10 lbs! I'm gonna weigh them on a more accurate scale soon to see if thats correct

I choose the rate based on my previous experience with spring rates:

8kg (448lbs)on the front and 6kg(338lbs) on the rear - Max I'll ever go on the street again - not so great on the lower spine but awesome on the track - little to no body roll

6kg(338lbs) front and 4kg(224lbs) on the rear - tolerable on the street (barely bearable for the wife) - still great on the track - little body roll

now these were on a car 800-900 lbs less than my big old bbody

so I figure that with a 5kg (270lbs) front I figure a good match would be a 3.5kg (200lbs) rear in a heavier car should still have the firm feeling and roll I want but not so harsh of a ride that the wife would want to stay in the passenger seat!

This is all speculative right now - I'll see how well its put into action this summer - I also based this on the hotchkis setup for the ebodies which are running a 4kg(225lbs) front and a 3kg(160lbs) rear
and they are anywhere from 600-800lbs lighter than the bbodies...

Thanks for the reply! Wow 10 LBS!!!! that IS light! When you ordered from Hypercoil did you or were you able to specify the lenght and segments. Like for my e-body I'd need 22 in the front and 35 in the rear to be able to bolt in?