Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm very pleased... improved handling through more weight reduction overall (I think they saved ~20# per side).

Geez, I wonder if it would be feasible for this company to build torsion bars?

For lighter T-bars you would run gun drilled hollow centers. A place called Sparks in New York claimed they could make gun drilled hollow T-bars.

I would think Speedway Engineering would gun drill them for you. You will get some spring rate loss. But you can just calc that out and use a bigger diameter bar.

T-Bars are unsprung weight right? If so i would the think cost and strength would be hard to justify. Also i cant see how Gun drilling wouldn't change the spring rate.Gun Drilled axles/Floater is one thing.

Bit off topic but Speedway Engineering makes some cool stuff. They list Floater 8 3/4 and 8 1/4 mini stock housings. Not sure what one they actually sell. Has all the cool stuff but its 4 bolt.

Im no expert just my

Yes you get some spring rate loss with a hollow tube. But you just go to a bigger overall diameter to get the same rate. The center of a torsional spring does little to add to the rate. The very center (neutral axis) does nothing for rate. Same for hollow sway bars.

And yes, the T-bar is unsprung weight. But it will just get weight off the front of the car. My 1.14 bars are pretty heavy. Just a little under double the amount a slant six T-bar weighs (~12 lbs vs. ~7 lbs each calculated) I agree gun drilling would probabaly only drop a couple lbs tops off each T-bar.

Last edited by autoxcuda; 02/03/12 03:36 AM.