Quote:

I would love to save a massive chunk o' weight, but i'm leery. I'd also be leery about ordering them, as if they're not quite the rate, or height, load, whatever you wanted, there is no adjustment. How do you make SURE you order the right one...???

Unless you're real sure of what you want, I'd avoid swap meets and online auction buying of the springs. Talk to a reputable supplier to verify what you want is what you get. They have been doing this a long time and can probably get you what you want. Sure you can't change the rate of a fiberglass leaf, but changes in mounting position are the same as a steel leaf.

Quote:

Hmmm... more good answers. I'm sold.

Now, if i go better than give the manufacturer the rates/specs i want, and just give them a steel spring i would like duplicated in FG, that would be easier for them, yes?

And the last question... how much (ballpark) do a set o' Mopar style FG leafs run?

Depends on the manufacturer. Most can get you within the ballpark of what you want with their off the shelf product of few different rates and a few different arches. Creating an exact duplicate of a steel spring isn't necesssarily the best way to go because of the different properties of the materials, but they can give you better info than I could on the details.

Ball park price for fiberglass springs is around $300-400 each. If you want to get into any custom work the price would go up from there. FWIW, a truly custom spec, steel race leaf spring would be comparable in price. I'm not talking about the Espo style, bend em up +1 over stock leafs, but true custom built racing springs with teflon interliners, diamond point tips, hardened, and with consistent taper through each leaf.