Quote:

Okay, i gotta ask...

I've always seen the tremendous weight-reduction factor for FG leafs, that one is obvious, but FG just seems like an unlikely material for a spring. Do these things not break? Thats a LOT ov stress, and even more on a race car in corners. Are these safe? Sure, some here have track cars that never see real streets, but how about for a street car? or do you people drive these things (and abuse these things) on the street as well...???

I would love to save a massive chunk o' weight, but i'm leery. I'd also be leery about ordering them, as if they're not quite the rate, or height, load, whatever you wanted, there is no adjustment. How do you make SURE you order the right one...???

FWIW, somewhere I have a flyer around promotingFG springs for class 8 semi's (80K stuff), and that would be huge weight savings, but I don't know if they are still marketed for that application. I have high confidence, except for situations that have extreme spring wrap up, and that means 1/4 mile, heavy car , slicks, 4 speed, etc, and that opinion is only based on gut feeling, not real world experience.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.