Quote:

I wouldn't worry about a half inch. You figure a longer, wider wheelbase contributes to more lateral holding power, albeit it minor, but what the heck.

I never thought about undercoating as a means to protect the spring. That is a good idea. It is semi-flexible, so that might be a good way to avoid the nicks that could lead to splintering without it cracking and flaking off. Sure would look better than wrapping them in duct tape.

The rate may be pretty decent. I don't recall if you have a rear sway bar or not, but if you don't you may not need to add one. If you do, you may want to experiment with disconnecting it. Not sure. I've never used fiberglass springs myself, but some of the oval track guys I've talked say you actually need to rate them higher than steel springs. I wouldn't know why, rate is rate, so maybe it is a old witch doctor's tale to confuse the competitors.

What he said is true - Here is is a few answers I got from Richie Cox of Hypercoils as I was asking a few of the same questions when I was looking to buy them(sorry I mashed them all into one answer but you get at what I was asking him):

"We do make a Chrysler leaf spring in 225#. You may wish to check the dimensions of your leafs against our dimensions, since the 1971 B body’s differed slightly from model to model. The overall length from center of each eye is 53 7/8”, the center of front eye straight across to the center pin is 20.5”. Our leafs are all made to a 4.5” arch as well.They handle pretty well, as long as they are used in conjuction with a good shock. We have had several people use them and they all seem to like them for street use.Our leafs could be used, but you would have to slightly modify the mounting location on the front side, the rear mount should be close enough to work, but the front mounts would be about 1.5” too far forward. The bilstein shocks would work great with these leaf springs. Our Chrysler leafs were designed to work on the 64-70 b-bodys.The rear shackles should work ok, and the longer front shackles may help with the extra length of the springs. As for the bushings, they are 2 pc urethane, and the duct tape idea is for helping to keep damage to the leafs from rocks, etc hitting them, and any duct tape should work if you choose to use it.The leaf spring rate will as a rule of thumb be much lighter than the rate you would use for a coilover, mainly due to the fact that the leaf spring works over a much larger area. On most street stock dirt track cars, they use a 225-250# rate on the leaf springs, and they hold up really well. The ride will probably be softer with the leafs, than on coils, since the leaf has much more area to absorb the weight put on it. There may be slightly more “bounce” in the ride than a coilover, but the performance mixed with comfort is a pretty good balance."

I just fired off Richie about using the rubberized coating so I'll post his answer when he gets back to me - And here is the brackets as promised(couple days late) they are a full 1/4" thick from firm feel but not advertised on their site yet:

Last edited by dangina; 02/28/12 05:05 AM.