Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You name the road and its on...

Road???? What the heck are you talking about? What are we going to talk about next. NOS. I love when a guy builds a small block at about 10 times the cost of a big block and still has to add a power adder. My engines are built by ME in MY garage with off the shelf parts.

yea i love when a guy spends 12.000$ on a set of predator heads,in a tube chassis car that weighs 2500lbs and does 8.30's u got an 8.30 car? bring it to etown and watch how many people will race u with small blocks...ps i dont believe u have an 8.30 car either..lol

My point. You can make a 340 or any SB run it will just cost you a butt load of money. And forget about using one in a 3800 lb B-body. You can run 10's in a heavy b-body w/ a stock stroke 440 w/ good off the shelf heads, small roller or 600ish solid cam, 4000 stall and 4.56's.
Small blocks are fine and yeah they can be fast but at what cost? If you are building a bracket car and looking for 10.90's and don't have a deep wallet I'd think the best route to go is w/ a BB. The guy isn't talking about running 8's spinning his junk to 7500. He wants a weekend beater. Shoot I'd bet w/ a decent tune you could get a 440 into the 10's w/ an old school 509 and iron heads.

I used to have a 380 cu in 11.5 to 1 eddy headed stock block eagle rods that would go 10.70s on pump gas and 9.70s on c-12 and 200 shot.I didn't have alot of money in that setup. Got crank new closeout mopar 500, and got the eddys used 800. So I bought eagle rods and got the machine work done witch is pretty much the same big or small block.So I had about 4500 in whole motor to go 10.70s in a 3350 lb a body.

i sold those heads for $800. should have kept them though. had my hours cut in the dark hours of the bush era

Yea you should have keep them, that was my favorite motor for sure and those eddy's ran allsome for what they were.

Brett Miller W9 cnc'd heads
STR Chassis fabraction