I'm standing outside the fence here just looking in.

Here is the way I hear it.

Ed had what appeared to be the car to beat. He had to leave for outside reasons. Ed was given credit for his efforts while he was there. No-one said he didn't have something left in the car or that it was simply a lucky pass.

Someone dissagrees and brings up Bill May's performance and what they figure they themselves would have had if it hadn't been for tranny issues.

Can a guy get a thumbs up without someone trying to tear them down? There are plenty more races to settle this out. It is not always about who could have done what. It is about who did it. It sucks when you have a car and you know your performance and something happens where it just doesn't work out at a particular race. This is racing. Don't know that anyone is smarter here. How much could or would we have if we didn't spend our money racing.LOL Anybody can hire a guy to help them figure there car out. If it works out money may have proved well spent. Not everyone does this as many have been burned and didn't get good results. Funny how the people who help these guys out only get credit for a few days then get robbed of it. I don't know of anyone who figured everything out for themself. It's a bold statement to basically call someone else slow in brains based on the ET performance of their car.

Leon

Career best 8.02 @ 169 at 3050# and 10" tires small block power.