** NA Small Block 2800 lbs.
** NA Big Block 3000 lbs.
** Power adder Small Block 3100 lbs.
** Power adder Big Block 3400 lbs.

Questions??? Please call Brad 1-740-396-9831
Or email dandbchopin@live.com
Posted By: R/T BRAD

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/13/11 02:15 AM

Purse update for Small Tire Race in Ohio.

Chopin Performance $300.00
Bondo Bob (Bob's Pro Fab) $300.00
A&A Transmission $50.00
Jegs $50.00 gift certificate
Jeff Johnson Motorsports (2012 Gold Card to all Chrysler Challenge Races)

Hope to get more for this race but the plus side is ENTRY IS FREE for car and driver.

Jeff Johnson is giving us a playground to perform on lets try to get some cars to this race so we can have a few more next year. Maybe even a points series for the Heads-Up guys.
Posted By: headhunter

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/13/11 02:45 AM

what part of ohio? whats it close to?
Posted By: moparguy7074

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/13/11 03:22 AM

Its near Marion, OH, about an hour north of C-bus.
Posted By: JLC

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/13/11 03:31 AM

It's around 38 miles off of I-270, 17 miles N.W.of Marysville,Ohio.Zip code for the track is 43332.IHRA track.
Posted By: 67mprfan

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/13/11 03:55 AM

Brad we need to get to workon my car if i'm going to make it rear will be out this week for sure. truck issuse been slowing me up
Posted By: plasticfantastic

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/13/11 04:20 AM

We are also running

BOX/electronics,
NO BOX/footbrake. All-run event with no E.T. break, double entries ok, buy backs first round, all races ¼ mile.

NOSTALGIA SUPER STOCK. All makes,
NSS/A 10.00,
NSS/B 10.50,
NSS/C 11.00,
NSS/D 11.50,
NSS/E 12.00,
NSS/F 12.50,
Also includes Nostalgia Factory Experimental, AAA/FX 8.75,
AA/FX 9.00,
A/FX 9.25,
B/FX 9.50,
C/FX 9.75,
Class runoffs for trophy
(NSS/A, B, C, D, E, F, FX), plus all-run cash eliminator.
NOSTALGIA PRO STOCK. All makes, (Outlaw, 8.50-8.99, 9.50-9.99).

PLUS A LOT MORE OTHER THINGS!!!!!

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/13/11 05:13 AM

Eldon get that Dana and engine to me or we will never get that Demon to the track. Thanks for that last post Doug there will be a lot going on at the track that weekend. Hope to see everyone there!

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/13/11 05:22 AM

Tony can you bring the N20MSTR to Ohio?
Posted By: Fastbird

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/13/11 06:14 PM

The WAR BIRD will re there on radials.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/13/11 06:48 PM

Quote:

Thanks for that last post Doug there will be a lot going on at the track that weekend. Hope to see everyone there!

No problem Brad, anyone have any questions give us a call, 614-268-1181, OR go go jeffjohnsonmotorsports.com click on Chrysler Challenge.

You can pre enter the event NOW by either calling or going to the web site.

Planning on a social get together which will be a lot of fun, working out details and what we can get done, Have TONS of things in the works, Viper Club of Ohio, National Hemi Owners Association.

You guys know who we are, you know what we can do. get ready!! 4 events and a points series in 2012!!!!

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/14/11 03:43 AM

Your right Doug you Guys will put on a great series next year. I just hope the Heads-Up stuff can be part of it.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/14/11 04:05 AM

FASTBIRD I hope you dont hurt someones feelings with that thing but it does have the whole drivetrain from the 70 Bee in it. In drag racing thats what is important anyway. In almost every other successful series if its bodied or powered by that brand its in. Hope to see you and others lay down some fast passes its about the show and the people. Like Doug said maybe we can have a cookout for the racers Sat. night.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/14/11 04:33 AM

Jones Brothers Racing out of Dayton you guys want to help staff this event? Allen G are you coming out? Josh if you need some help with that trans. bring it over dont go GM on it! Bondo hope you can get yours back together in time. Always fast Bill May bring it out. Does Andy have his back together?
Posted By: sixpackjeff

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/16/11 03:50 PM

I'm sending out a mass mailing of registration cards on Monday. If you want to be on our mailing list, PM me your name, address, and email. I can't believe this is our 30th year of hosting great Mopar events!

It's people like Brad, Bondo and Doug who make this happen. Thanks guys!

Attached picture 6685522-CCad3sm.jpg
Posted By: fasterdart

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/16/11 06:05 PM

we might show uup for this,depends i we can get the converter back in time and figured out.
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/16/11 09:51 PM

Quote:

WELL I WAS 3495 IN KY.......

I GOT A COMPLETE SET OF STRANGE BRAKES FROM BONDO SITTING HERE........

LOOKS LIKE I MIGHT BE ABLE TO MAKE THE WEIGHT 3400 ..... HA !!

EXACTLY WHAT IS THE PAYOUT?

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/17/11 05:58 AM

Tony right now there is $700.00 for this race and a Gold Card from Jeff Johnson Motorsports for free entry to the Chrysler Challenge Events next year. We are working hard to get more money there are still quite a few maybe sponsors at this point. I am going to see how you and the other racers want to divide the purse money. Do you guys want winner take all? Pay winner and runner-up? I know that it cost a lot of money for you guys to bring out these cars and its nice to get some money to offset the fuel and hotel costs. We would all like to see THE MOPAR SMALL TIRE KING come to Ohio let me know what you need to try and make it happen. As long as its reasonable

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/17/11 06:05 AM

Robert (FASTERDART) hope to see you at the race keep me informed on the progress. Got any pics to post?

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/17/11 06:13 AM

Thanks Jeff its takes a group effort to make these races successful.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/17/11 01:04 PM

i drive rossio's gold dart that was in ky.the n/a bb car.we ran tony in the semis in louisville...

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/17/11 02:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

WELL I WAS 3495 IN KY.......

I GOT A COMPLETE SET OF STRANGE BRAKES FROM BONDO SITTING HERE........

LOOKS LIKE I MIGHT BE ABLE TO MAKE THE WEIGHT 3400 ..... HA !!

EXACTLY WHAT IS THE PAYOUT?

Remember, it's free entry for car and driver. That's like winning $75.00, just for showing up!

Attached picture 6686842-ChryslerPowerRED.jpg

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/17/11 03:44 PM

Quote:

Tony right now there is $700.00 for this race and a Gold Card from Jeff Johnson Motorsports for free entry to the Chrysler Challenge Events next year. We are working hard to get more money there are still quite a few maybe sponsors at this point. I am going to see how you and the other racers want to divide the purse money. Do you guys want winner take all? Pay winner and runner-up? I know that it cost a lot of money for you guys to bring out these cars and its nice to get some money to offset the fuel and hotel costs. We would all like to see THE MOPAR SMALL TIRE KING come to Ohio let me know what you need to try and make it happen. As long as its reasonable

dont call me the king of anything...lol im just a blind squirrel that found a nut, plenty of cars could have put me on the trailer. I was nervous a he l l to run Rossi/Fastdart in the semis as i knew i was getting tree'd AND if i slipped up anywhere he was going by me for the win....That said, ......as far as payout, i like to see everyone get something, ie payout all the way to first round loser. Of course winner needs to get the most and runner up . I figure its going to cost me 150.00 or so in gas each way. Free entry is great, does that include crew? and would it be ok if i bring more than one crew ??
Posted By: ROSSIO

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/17/11 07:11 PM

congrats again tony on your win in KY--that was a great/fun weekend.
ok---sending my torq conv out monday-getting it repaired,should have it back in soon after.
now,the weekend of this race --is my saturday to work--i work till 1pm--
so whens the gates open sat for this race,and i will try and get a "sub"
to work for me.

ross
owner of the gold N/A BB dart--for 32 years now

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/18/11 02:13 AM

Link,http://www.jeffjohnsonmotorsports.com/challenge.php

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/18/11 02:17 AM

Quote:

Quote:

dont call me the king of anything...lol im just a blind squirrel that found a nut, plenty of cars could have put me on the trailer. I was nervous a he l l to run Rossi/Fastdart in the semis as i knew i was getting tree'd AND if i slipped up anywhere he was going by me for the win....That said, ......as far as payout, i like to see everyone get something, ie payout all the way to first round loser. Of course winner needs to get the most and runner up . I figure its going to cost me 150.00 or so in gas each way. Free entry is great, does that include crew? and would it be ok if i bring more than one crew ??

You did a good job at getting down a marginal track which is the name of the game. PM or email me to let me know how many crew tickets you need we will make it happen. 12 years old and under are free! Good idea on payout we can do it that way.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/18/11 02:30 AM

Quote:

congrats again tony on your win in KY--that was a great/fun weekend.
ok---sending my torq conv out monday-getting it repaired,should have it back in soon after.
now,the weekend of this race --is my saturday to work--i work till 1pm--
so whens the gates open sat for this race,and i will try and get a "sub"
to work for me.

ross
owner of the gold N/A BB dart--for 32 years now

Ross and Fasterdart that is a very fast N/A BB Dart. Cant wait to see you and the Monster battle it out again!
Friday time runs are at 10:00, 11:30, 1:00, and 3:00
Sat. Qualifying runs at 10:30 and 1:30 Eliminations around 3:00
Gates open both days at 8:30am
If it rains we will run it on sunday

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/18/11 06:59 PM

thanks--the dart usually runs 5.70's@124mph in the 1/8,we knew the T/Q was acting up,but still came to this race,as the fri night went on--the T/Q kept getting worst,it was all bobby(fasterdart)the driver that got us to the semifinals-BUT with the torq conv getting fixed we'll be in better shape for this race

ross

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/18/11 08:52 PM

Quote:

Eldon get that Dana and engine to me or we will never get that Demon to the track. Thanks for that last post Doug there will be a lot going on at the track that weekend. Hope to see everyone there!

santa coming to your house early this year Brad truck will be loaded in the a.m with all my parts
Posted By: old yeller

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/19/11 12:17 AM

Myself, i don,t see this event any better than the last one(cause of your rules)...its a one time event,You can have a 440ci small block thats going to get the weight breaks over a big block,....if i were to run this event it would be No tube chassie cars...3000lbs on a true 10.5 tire(or the 315 drag radial tire....alot of people don,t have money to spend to go fast,thats why they try to make their cars lighter...and i,m not typeing this for me(i can put the weight in the bird)myself i don,t give a ratts #ss cause your ash tray light works and fits the rules...3000lbs and a true 10.5 or the 315 radial tire and let er rip...and you will see who has the fastest mopar on a small tire(and yes my ash tray light works)and its street legal...We just need more mopar people to show up.(and i,m prepared for a moderator to give me the boot again,or delete this post)some of us heads up racers, well were just not right!!!.Have a good day!!!

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/19/11 12:38 AM

Quote:

Myself, i don,t see this event any better than the last one(cause of your rules)...its a one time event,You can have a 440ci small block thats going to get the weight breaks over a big block,....if i were to run this event it would be No tube chassie cars...3000lbs on a true 10.5 tire(or the 315 drag radial tire....alot of people don,t have money to spend to go fast,thats why they try to make their cars lighter...and i,m not typeing this for me(i can put the weight in the bird)myself i don,t give a ratts #ss cause your ash tray light works and fits the rules...3000lbs and a true 10.5 or the 315 radial tire and let er rip...and you will see who has the fastest mopar on a small tire(and yes my ash tray light works)and its street legal...We just need more mopar people to show up.(and i,m prepared for a moderator to give me the boot again,or delete this post)some of us heads up racers, well were just not right!!!.Have a good day!!!

Bird is right....3400 for a poweradder bigblock is heavy....i am one that can make that weight no problem, but lighter weight is the easiest way to make these cars faster. 3000 for poweradder cars is still not light. BUT it can be done and still look relatively like a street car. That said cut the weights back a little its safer for the racer and easier to go faster, i have been 5.30's AT 3550....so just imagine what i can go at 3000....and i plan on getting there hopefully without changing the look of the car too much.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/19/11 03:26 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Bird is right....3400 for a poweradder bigblock is heavy....i am one that can make that weight no problem, but lighter weight is the easiest way to make these cars faster. 3000 for poweradder cars is still not light. BUT it can be done and still look relatively like a street car. That said cut the weights back a little its safer for the racer and easier to go faster, i have been 5.30's AT 3550....so just imagine what i can go at 3000....and i plan on getting there hopefully without changing the look of the car too much.

This is info I have been wanting to hear. If we can all give a little than we can make these things happen. I think ALLEN G. said we need to learn from these events and make changes. So let me know exactly what you guys want to change the weights to and no chassis cars. I am not looking at this as a one time event. We need to get together and make one set of rules and stick with them for a few years so people can get cars together before the rules change again. So fire away I am willing to change. Jeff Johnson is having four event next year so lets organize so we can get some sponsorship money for next season.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/19/11 03:29 AM

Quote:

Quote:

santa coming to your house early this year Brad truck will be loaded in the a.m with all my parts

Eldon Claus is coming to my amish town! Its about time

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/19/11 03:35 AM

Quote:

thanks--the dart usually runs 5.70's@124mph in the 1/8,we knew the T/Q was acting up,but still came to this race,as the fri night went on--the T/Q kept getting worst,it was all bobby(fasterdart)the driver that got us to the semifinals-BUT with the torq conv getting fixed we'll be in better shape for this race

ross

Damn that is fast NA. What does the car weigh? Do you have any opinions on the weight in the rules?

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/19/11 03:38 AM

What about letting the AMC guys run?
Posted By: joshking440

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/19/11 03:40 AM

You can use look at the rules on monster mopars website. they are almost exactly the same as what was ran at ohio valley this past weekend, as they are simple and should be easy for everyone that wants to play

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/19/11 03:47 AM

in ky we weighed 3330 race ready.we cant pull any weight out of the car.it is what it is.we just run because we like to.all the races end up in a pissing match to get the advantage for their cars(atleast it seems that way).we dont mind the rules too much,i(bobby)dont like the wheelie bar deal,but like we talked about before most cars are over weight anyway.

i do ike the pay out to the first rd runner up thou.should give them something for getting in and the payouts for the fastest nitrous pass,most dramatic lose or the best holeshot win....always up for discussion.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/19/11 04:04 AM

Quote:

in ky we weighed 3330 race ready.we cant pull any weight out of the car.it is what it is.we just run because we like to.all the races end up in a pissing match to get the advantage for their cars(atleast it seems that way).we dont mind the rules too much,i(bobby)dont like the wheelie bar deal,but like we talked about before most cars are over weight anyway.

i do ike the pay out to the first rd runner up thou.should give them something for getting in and the payouts for the fastest nitrous pass,most dramatic lose or the best holeshot win....always up for discussion.

I am not one for bars either but most guys have them and I was thinking most guys are heavy also but I could be wrong.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/19/11 04:29 AM

Quote:

You can use look at the rules on monster mopars website. they are almost exactly the same as what was ran at ohio valley this past weekend, as they are simple and should be easy for everyone that wants to play

They are almost the same! The differences are the following

3400 lbs. BB w/adder (Can Change)
ANY power adder (Can Change)
Pro Ladder (Why Blind Draw)
Mopar powered only (Will not change) need to think about AMC stuff and Dodge trucks and mixed brand cars they are out there. The most important part of a drag race is the drivetrain and the tuner not the body. Also INDY makes AMC stuff!

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/19/11 05:53 AM

Josh I am there with you on the rules. Just change the one thing make it Mopar Powered Only leave the bodied out. There will be more cars show maybe! Are you going to make it to the Ohio Race? If you need help with the 727 I am here for you . We need you to Show.
Posted By: cudaboy

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/19/11 12:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

This is info I have been wanting to hear. If we can all give a little than we can make these things happen. I think ALLEN G. said we need to learn from these events and make changes. So let me know exactly what you guys want to change the weights to and no chassis cars. I am not looking at this as a one time event. We need to get together and make one set of rules and stick with them for a few years so people can get cars together before the rules change again. So fire away I am willing to change. Jeff Johnson is having four event next year so lets organize so we can get some sponsorship money for next season.

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...e=0#Post6317673

Dennis
Posted By: moparniac

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/19/11 01:48 PM

no weight limit... cubes dont matter... mopar powerd but just make EVERYBODY run a regular ol radial tire ( not the mickey kind either)lots would have a chance to win then
Posted By: silverfish

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/19/11 03:00 PM

I personally don't like the mopar powered only rule. I don't mind allowing AMC but having a Mopar race with GM and Ford cars just doesn't make sense to me. The body is just as important as the drivetrain if not more important. The whole reason we organized the first race was to have a race with just Mopar cars because all of us were sick of being the only Mopar car at races we attended. If you are going to allow this then why not allow Mopar bodied cars with other brand motors? What's the difference? I know this won't sit well with some of you guys that chose to crossbreed but it's just how I feel. Not trying to make anyone mad but you are asking for opinions and that is my . Good luck with the race, I really do hope it works out for you and you get a lot of cars.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/19/11 03:24 PM

Quote:

I personally don't like the mopar powered only rule. I don't mind allowing AMC but having a Mopar race with GM and Ford cars just doesn't make sense to me. The body is just as important as the drivetrain if not more important. The whole reason we organized the first race was to have a race with just Mopar cars because all of us were sick of being the only Mopar car at races we attended. If you are going to allow this then why not allow Mopar bodied cars with other brand motors? What's the difference? I know this won't sit well with some of you guys that chose to crossbreed but it's just how I feel. Not trying to make anyone mad but you are asking for opinions and that is my . Good luck with the race, I really do hope it works out for you and you get a lot of cars.

The Mopar powered rule came about originally due to center steer vehicles. Are you going to tell a Hemi powered '23 Altered that he can't run in a Mopar bracket race? If you put a BBC in a Duster, people say you ruined the car. If you put a 440 in a Nova, they say you got it half right. We've run this rule since 1993 and it will not change. Chrysler powered engines required in all vehicles. Plus, aren't AMCs now considered Mopars? Thanks all for your input.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/19/11 04:34 PM

I'm not talking about roadsters and dragsters. I am only referring to the small tire heads up class. And I would never call a 440 in a nova half right, its still all wrong. The Mopar body is thf most important thing to me. Also like I said, I don't mind the AMC cars. I tend to forget about them but they need to be included as well. Look this is just my opinion guys, I am sorry if I am offending you. To each their own.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/19/11 04:54 PM

i am all for the AMC cars--as chrysler did buy them back in the late 80's--i know,i've been a chrysler parts advisor for 27 years now.
now--my opinion only---chrysler power--chrysler/dodge/jeep/AMC body
ford & chevy has their own races--this one is about mopars--if you let a-- example--camaro w/440 race--the crowd will only see a chevy verses a mopar--they will not hear the annoucer say it is mopar powered and it will be confusion to them.
leave the "cross dressing" to california (chevy/ford w/mopar drivetrain)j/k

ross

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/19/11 06:51 PM

Brad, thanks for the offer. I have to upgarde to a t400 to handle the new motor anyway so I'm ordering one next week. I hope to get it together for your race.

I am all for letting amc powEred amc cars in, they need a place to race as bad as we do.

I wish someone would donate a car to you so we can get that mopar driveline out of that t-bird, but I don't fault you for wanting to race no matter what.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/19/11 09:17 PM

The 727 can be made to handle the horsepower but the TH 400 is a good trans. also. The Bird is my brothers all I supply is the tune-up for NOS and 727 Trans. The rest is up to him! He ran a couple of local Q16 Events with it. In our area I know of three crossbreeds like this. There are also two FAST AMC cars out there that have done some heads-up racing. So I am glad you will let them play. Im sure my brother would think about putting the driveline in something else if he had it. His old 70Bee is now a driver. He just cut out the cage and took off the chute and put the original driveline back in it. He tore it up pretty good a few years back and could not stand doing it again so he retired it. I was not going to let him take my 70 Coronet R/T and do wheel stands with it. So he took his work car at that time and started his WARBIRD Project! Jeff Johnson has always allowed crossbreeds and AMC Stuff. So lets race on.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/19/11 09:31 PM

Quote:

no weight limit... cubes dont matter... mopar powerd but just make EVERYBODY run a regular ol radial tire ( not the mickey kind either)lots would have a chance to win then

I agree if you put The Original BFG Drag Radial on them it would be interesting. I dont think we would get a very good turn out for the race unless BFG supplied the tires. NMCA/NSCA had a class called TRACTION ADVANTAGE that used these tires and BFG sponsored it. It was popular for a while then MT released there radial and it cam to a halt.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/19/11 09:36 PM

HAPPY FATHERS DAY EVERYONE!

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/19/11 09:44 PM

My R/T

Attached picture 6690341-pinksPicture.jpg

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/19/11 10:03 PM

My other car is the 2005 kos ez street champ.I have been around the small tire racing along time. Raced with the first drag radial class which was sponsored by bfg called traction advantage.You have no faith in a mopar tranny I do the warbird has all mopar driveline so I am a believer in MOPAR POWER. Why tear up my superbee when I can tear up a $50 car.Lets race! lol.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/20/11 12:30 AM

Brad that chrome on your r/t is really shining....lol

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/20/11 01:13 AM

I think that the 727 may be able to take abuse but the cost for billet input and outputs and all the junk that goes with its half the price of a bullet proof t400, and I also dont like the idea of needing a 1"midplate with a 727 to get a tall enough torque convertor to achive a pump angle that is steep enough to take the power efficiently

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/20/11 01:18 AM

My nephews Brad & Scott are putting alot of effort into making this race as big as possible. I sure hope a Mopar powered T-bird isn't keeping some of you away. The way I see it this is your last shot at having a series to race Mopar Heads-Up. Phillip are you bring the RR up for this race?

Attached picture 6690605-Superbee2.jpg
Posted By: sixpakx

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/20/11 01:24 AM

i should be there with the road runner and having a bunch more heads up t-shirts made

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/20/11 01:28 AM

Great, see you there. I was hoping to see the Bee on those shirts!

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/20/11 02:09 AM

Quote:

Great, see you there. I was hoping to see the Bee on those shirts!

the bee,s a show car now, lol

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/20/11 02:19 AM

Does anyone know how to contact sheila bowman? thats another car to recruit.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/20/11 02:55 AM

Some of those cars haven't race in years. lol

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/20/11 03:17 AM

because they dont want to or because no one is giving them a place to race that is fun?

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/20/11 03:54 AM

they have been given a place, i put on the kos reunion a few yrs ago, 25.00 entry for 3 days, spent 600.00 on cook-out, gave everyone a 100.00 goodie bag, pd everyone that lined up sunday morning, so yeah they had a place , they said they would come

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/20/11 03:57 AM

well if someone can put me in contact with them, i will give them a call and see if i can get them to commit
Posted By: sdaurity

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/20/11 02:15 PM

So what exactly are the weights for this race? I think they really need to be lowered to something close to what you would race anywhere else if you use the rules we used in KY. The only combo that has to weigh 3300 should be BB with twins or f-3, nitrous BB should be 3000, 3100, and -400 or -500 for a sb nitrous like everywhere else does it.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/21/11 02:21 AM

Come on everyone let make plans to attend this event this could be 1st of many @ that track

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/21/11 03:11 AM

Here is the flyer for the race with the weights on it.

Attached picture 6692493-PictureofRace.JPG

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/21/11 03:18 AM

Quote:

i should be there with the road runner and having a bunch more heads up t-shirts made

Hope to see you at the race. Better bring a lot of those shirts people seem to love them.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/21/11 03:24 AM

Quote:

Brad that chrome on your r/t is really shining....lol

Some guy in Columbus polished it for me! I think he has a Demon in the works

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/21/11 03:34 AM

Quote:

So what exactly are the weights for this race? I think they really need to be lowered to something close to what you would race anywhere else if you use the rules we used in KY. The only combo that has to weigh 3300 should be BB with twins or f-3, nitrous BB should be 3000, 3100, and -400 or -500 for a sb nitrous like everywhere else does it.

Weights are very close to KY Race and they had a good turn out there. We will look at lowering the weights for next year a lot of people are saying that weights are too high. I posted a flyer with the weights on it.
Posted By: Get-X

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/21/11 04:08 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Weights are very close to KY Race and they had a good turn out there. We will look at lowering the weights for next year a lot of people are saying that weights are too high. I posted a flyer with the weights on it.

I wouldn't change the weights much other than possibly dropping BB n/a down as there should be a bigger break than 100 lbs between it and SB PA.Your weights are very close to most heads up TT5 series around the country are. JMHO

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/21/11 02:57 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I wouldn't change the weights much other than possibly dropping BB n/a down as there should be a bigger break than 100 lbs between it and SB PA.Your weights are very close to most heads up TT5 series around the country are. JMHO

Weights are not even close to other series. You want basically an oulaw radial/ limited street style race, why not use their weights? The heaviest combo shoud be BB with twins or f-3 139 or twin f-2 @3300. No way a nitrous BB should have to weigh the same, who is making more power? And you want a nitrous smallblock @3100 their only down over 1000hp, they should be at a minimum of 2700 lbs. To me you can't say all power adder cars weigh the same say drop na weights 200lbs and say -200lbs for nitrous would get you alot closer IMHO.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/21/11 04:02 PM

If my superbee could compete in T/A,EZ STREET,D/R at a weight 3875 and class weight was 3400 and still compete than others can to.I would race anywhere anytime nomatter the weight or track conditions.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/21/11 04:14 PM

Well good for you. I'm just telling everybody that these weights are crazy. You cant expect someone to add 400lbs to race this race and everywhere else they race you can weigh 3000 lbs. If you want outlaw style rules you need the outlaw weights to go along with it. Does anybody think I'm crazy for saying a nitrous car should not have to weigh as much as a boosted car with the same style engine?
Posted By: W8n2DustU

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/21/11 04:50 PM

Quote:

Well good for you. I'm just telling everybody that these weights are crazy. You cant expect someone to add 400lbs to race this race and everywhere else they race you can weigh 3000 lbs. If you want outlaw style rules you need the outlaw weights to go along with it. Does anybody think I'm crazy for saying a nitrous car should not have to weigh as much as a boosted car with the same style engine?

I totally agree and I run a 360 inch motor with a Precision 98 mm turbo. Rules are in my favor. I am the heaviest car in our local series, and soon to be the fastest. Lol. I still hold our local smallblock nitrous record at a 5.41. That was 3 years ago at 3263#. Current smallblock combos are 2800# with a 23* head and 2950# with 18* or less. 434 cu in max smallblock nos and 572 bb nos. Forced induction ic 363 max sb and 468 bb. Ann fi car has to weigh 3550#. And sb fi is 3200# with 23*heads or 3350# with 18* or less. This has made our class ali more competitive. But you will never make everyone happy, I can promise you that.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/21/11 04:50 PM

If this is a free entry race,lower the weights so you can get more cars involved,at the end of the day the tire is going to be the decideing factor anyways.and what about a weight break for low deck blocks(lol)

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/21/11 05:48 PM

Its a tough call. There are good arguments both ways. But in the end I wish we would have lowered the weights for our race. It might would have brought a few more cars in . If its a series with multiple races then you need all kinds of rules and different weight amounts for different combos. But for a one time race or to try and get something going it needs to be a lower weight so everyone can get there. Every outlaw type race that I have ever raced at had BB power adder cars at 3000#. We went with 3300# on our race just because the majority of the cars were overweight anyway and that seemed to be what everyone wanted. Do what you want but at least lower it to 3200 or so for BB power adder. I do think 3400 is way too much.
Posted By: Big Squeeze

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/21/11 06:16 PM

Quote:

..... Does anybody think I'm crazy for saying a nitrous car should not have to weigh as much as a boosted car with the same style engine?

I think you're right on the money, but I can see where these guys want to make rules as simple as possible.....More rules equals more Tech.....which gets harder and harder to do, especially if it's only at a couple race/year...
If it were me, I'd had have NO weight minimum......just tire size rule and be stock bodied.....and the clocks would be off too....
Posted By: W8n2DustU

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/21/11 06:27 PM

Quote:

If this is a free entry race,lower the weights so you can get more cars involved,at the end of the day the tire is going to be the decideing factor anyways.and what about a weight break for low deck blocks(lol)

The tire will not be the deciding factor. Power management and chassis tuning will be. The tire has been in the 4.50's and not in a 2400# chassis car. It is capable of more than most of our pocket books can throw at it. Unlimited inches, unlimited power adders, no minimum weight, fiberglass hood, bumpers, and decklid only, no lexan and no wheelie bars. Then let em eat boys. Easy to police it this way.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/21/11 06:28 PM

3400 TOO MUCH????

SOUNDS GREAT TO MY 3500LB A$$.....

LMAO.....

IMAGINE MY COMBINATION AT 3000 ?????

EXACTLY WHAT IS 100LBS WORTH IN THE 1/8 ??
Posted By: Get-X

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/21/11 06:45 PM

Quote:

Weights are not even close to other series. You want basically an oulaw radial/ limited street style race, why not use their weights? The heaviest combo shoud be BB with twins or f-3 139 or twin f-2 @3300. No way a nitrous BB should have to weigh the same, who is making more power? And you want a nitrous smallblock @3100 their only down over 1000hp, they should be at a minimum of 2700 lbs. To me you can't say all power adder cars weigh the same say drop na weights 200lbs and say -200lbs for nitrous would get you alot closer IMHO.

I hear ya man, and if there were any outlaw cars coming everything you said would apply. I also agree that 3400 is too heavy for bb N20. A seriuos smalblock single turbo could come there and be very hard to beat for BB n20 cars even if they were lighter, let alone being that heavy. Hell, X275 smallies with a single 88 on a 275 DR went 4.90's @ 150+ mph. Fortunately no serious outlaw 10.5 or O/L DR showed. Outlaw 10.5 cars here run 6.70's @ 200+ mph in the 1/4 mile. This (to me) was more of a small tire, street car shootout, not a heads-up shootout for serious outlaw cars and if one would have shown up, it would have destroyed everyone else there with ease.

All of that being said,the way the rules are there could be a serious player or two that show up, and if they do they will dominate completely. Not sure how to protect against that, the only saving grace is there isn't that many mopar powered outlaw cars around. So the way I see it, the ONLY thing stopping the big boys from coming in and sniping the purse is the heavy weights. Just my humble opinion, your mileage may vary

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/21/11 08:02 PM

To those that think the tire won,t be a decideing factor(on a true 10.5 tire)See how many passes you can get out of them before your 60fts go away...and i,m talking about 7 sec or 8 sec cars in the 1/4 mile or high 4,s or low 5,s in the 1/8th.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/21/11 08:10 PM

OK--enough of the "weight game"--my pig weights 3340 lbs -N/A BB-ALL MOTOR

now that said------
why is there NOT a picture of my car on that flyer----because where ever i'm at----is the place to be.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/21/11 08:41 PM

DOES IT MATTER IF I DONT MAKE IT FRI TO THIS RACE??

I CANT GET OUT OF WORK THAT FRIDAY, BUT 10HR DRIVER OVERNIGHT ???

CAN I JUST SHOW UP FOR SAT?

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/21/11 08:45 PM

With what your running already about 3-4 numbers every 100-125 lbs from my personal experience with all my different combos.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/21/11 08:57 PM

I think the number one limiting factor on this particular race will be traction issues because of a hot greasy track. Middle of July and racing in the middle of the day?! If it is as hot as it was at our race in Kentucky its gonna be brutal racing in the middle of the day like its scheduled. I think that was the best lesson learned from the race we had, don't do it in hot weather months unless you are doing all the racing after dark! We couldn't hardly twist people's arms to go up there and make passes in the heat. Maybe Ohio will be a little cooler than Kentucky?

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/21/11 10:07 PM

NO jason--its going to be hot in ohio too---ky & ohio is like "twin brothers with different mothers"---same hot weather
we tried to go up and run in the middle of the day but had battery issues which are fixxed now

and why isnt a pic of my car on the poster ??--i'm from ohio

j/k

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/21/11 10:11 PM

and yes--what n20 said---we cant make it on fri either--was wanting to come up sat--i only need 1 time run--just to check the track and i'm ready to race.
back in the day--we didnt get a time run when we where street racing-we pulled up-------and went for it

so lets play

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/21/11 11:13 PM

Quote:

and yes--what n20 said---we cant make it on fri either--was wanting to come up sat--i only need 1 time run--just to check the track and i'm ready to race.
back in the day--we didnt get a time run when we where street racing-we pulled up-------and went for it

so lets play

That would be pretty cool. No time runs or qualifying, just get it off the trailer and take it to the lanes!! Blind draw for pairings and get after it.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/22/11 12:57 AM

Quote:

NO jason--its going to be hot in ohio too---ky & ohio is like "twin brothers with different mothers"---same hot weather
we tried to go up and run in the middle of the day but had battery issues which are fixxed now

and why isnt a pic of my car on the poster ??--i'm from ohio

j/k

Get me a picture of your car its going on the poster. I just have pictures of some of the old KOS guys saved in my computer. Anyone else who wants on the flyer that is coming send me a picture.

Send it to dandbchopin@live.com

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/22/11 02:03 AM

Quote:

so lets play

Yes guys sat. is fine! I am going to try and get Jeff to move the eliminations back later for this. Its usually hot in late July and very humid in Ohio.
Posted By: jkwedge540

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/22/11 02:08 AM

Brad & Scott, Not sure if i will have my motor back in time for your race. If you would need some help at the track i can be there.let me know.

Jim

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/22/11 04:46 AM

Hope you get the motor back. If you dont then come on out and help if you can.
Posted By: dusterchas572

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/22/11 04:11 PM

I'll be there to watch! Cant wait!

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/23/11 02:09 PM

Old Yeller put some jack daniels in the trunk to make weight and Bring some for the warbird.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/23/11 02:57 PM

Quote:

Old Yeller put some jack daniels in the trunk to make weight and Bring some for the warbird.

I never leave home with out a bottle of jack,How far is the nearest town from the track?,is it a dry county?,do they sell NOS at the track?...

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/23/11 03:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I never leave home with out a bottle of jack,How far is the nearest town from the track?,is it a dry county?,do they sell NOS at the track?...

ARE YOU REALY GOING TO SHOW THIS TIME???

YOU BE ADDING LIKE WHAT, 600LBS TO YOUR CAR??

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/23/11 04:36 PM

Quote:

Quote:

No nitrous at the track,alot of small towns within 5 Miles of the track. Come on down and play.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/23/11 04:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

ARE YOU REALY GOING TO SHOW THIS TIME???

YOU BE ADDING LIKE WHAT, 600LBS TO YOUR CAR??

Your to funny!!
The Bird is not a tube chassie car, 600LBS would put me 400LBS over their 3,400lbs weight rule,The money that you won at the last heads up event,you should of least buy me some jack daniels for not showing up(just kidding)you did a good job!!..

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/23/11 04:54 PM

OLD YELLER.....NO DISRESPECT, JUST THOUGHT YOU WERE LIGHTER THAN 3000....AND YES SIR YOU SHOW UP I GOT A COUPLE ROUNDS FOR YOU, ONLY A COUPLE 'CAUSE I KNOW YOU CAN GO ON AND ON AND ON LMAO....

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/23/11 05:22 PM

Quote:

OLD YELLER.....NO DISRESPECT, JUST THOUGHT YOU WERE LIGHTER THAN 3000....AND YES SIR YOU SHOW UP I GOT A COUPLE ROUNDS FOR YOU, ONLY A COUPLE 'CAUSE I KNOW YOU CAN GO ON AND ON AND ON LMAO....

Sometimes i,m like that ever ready battery rabbit dude,(jd makes it worse) What do you mean you got a couple of rounds for me?..theres no buy backs in heads up racing,its one and done,Unless your looking for a grudge race we can do a double or nothing thing..

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/23/11 05:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Sometimes i,m like that ever ready battery rabbit dude,(jd makes it worse) What do you mean you got a couple of rounds for me?..theres no buy backs in heads up racing,its one and done,Unless your looking for a grudge race we can do a double or nothing thing..

A COUPLE ROUNDS.....AT THE BAR....NOT IN A RACE....
I CANT GRUDGE ANYONE UNDER MY WEIGHT 3550 RIGHT NOW

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/23/11 06:33 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

A COUPLE ROUNDS.....AT THE BAR....NOT IN A RACE....
I CANT GRUDGE ANYONE UNDER MY WEIGHT 3550 RIGHT NOW

My Bad,i need to pay more attention to what i,m reading before i send a reply,We can do a couple of rounds at a bar,i,ll even spring for the taxie ride if need to be...

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/23/11 06:35 PM

I will bring the jack.If grudge racing is only $10.00 a round like buy backs im in.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/23/11 07:57 PM

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/23/11 10:20 PM

Is this event like a full blown mopar event,brkt racing,swap meet,car show stuff?,if so i hope the heads up racers are treated better than years pass at mopar events and its not a ego thing,its about safety and prepping the track right for these fast cars to go on,going fast on the track with a fat tire is a lot diffrient than going down the track with a small tire running the same E.T.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/26/11 01:15 AM

Old Yeller this is a full blown mopar event and the track will be prepped the best it possibly can.This is not going to be a one time race there will be a points series next year.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/27/11 12:17 AM

Scott is the bird going to be ready

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/27/11 12:42 AM

Waiting on some new wheels to mount my super swampers on but it will be there.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/28/11 02:15 AM

took a BIG step fwd this weekend in getting ready let me just say i'm a little lighter in the pockets now

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/29/11 12:56 AM

Sounds like the T-BIRD against the DEMON to many internet racers.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/29/11 07:25 PM

Quote:

Sounds like the T-BIRD against the DEMON to many internet ra
cers.

give me 15 cars and no spray i might have a chance

Attached picture 6705557-63250012.jpg

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 06/30/11 01:38 PM

I will give you 5 cars no spray and tell you I will show up but really stay home.lol

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/01/11 05:07 AM

New Flyer

Attached picture 6708283-Picture001.jpg

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/01/11 05:09 AM

Jeff Johnsons postcard

Attached picture 6708288-Picture002.jpg

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/01/11 06:28 PM

Quote:

I will give you 5 cars no spray and tell you I will show up but really stay home.lol

10 cars a case of rootbeer and it's a deal

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/02/11 03:55 PM

brad---love the poster

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/02/11 07:06 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I will bring the ice cream and we will have floats

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/02/11 07:12 PM

Quote:

brad---love the poster

It does look better now with your car on there. You bumped Monte's car off Have a good 4th Ross

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/02/11 07:25 PM

Jeff Johnson would like you guys to preregister your cars for the race.
Just go to his web site www.jeffjohnsonmotorsports.com, click the Chrysler Challenge event, Fill in your info and go to the bottom of the form and under comments put in 10.5 Pro Street Race Free entry then submit it.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/03/11 12:27 AM

Will their be some jack daniels at this event?

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/03/11 04:01 AM

Brad we really just gonna race to the chair in your garage so we can watch you work

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/03/11 05:38 AM

Quote:

There is a bottle of Gentleman Jack waiting for you in LaRue, Ohio if you show. Also the rules they are changing so there will be no reason not to grab a lane in OHIO because of weight. So all of you lightweights get ready to take on the heavyweights

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/03/11 05:45 AM

Quote:

Brad we really just gonna race to the chair in your garage so we can watch you work

Why does everyone want to watch me work

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/03/11 05:48 AM

becaue it's a rare site to see

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/03/11 05:54 AM

Quote:

becaue it's a rare site to see

Thats funny stuff!

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/04/11 04:28 PM

Old yeller the t-bird has something for you in ohio.Is the $500 still good for this race?

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/04/11 06:34 PM

Quote:

Old yeller the t-bird has something for you in ohio.Is the $500 still good for this race?

Man i need to quit posting when i,m drinking,Seems i keep putting my foot deeper and deeper in my mouth,What $500 you talking about?,I know that theres going to be some heavy hitters next friday at carlisle,so i have to get past next weekend first.,If the t-bird weighs at least 3100lbs and runs on a true 10.5 tire with mufflers i,m sure we can do something, i know i talk alot trash but i also know that theirs alot of mopars out there faster than the bird.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/04/11 06:57 PM

Quote:

Quote:

There is a bottle of Gentleman Jack waiting for you in LaRue, Ohio if you show. Also the rules they are changing so there will be no reason not to grab a lane in OHIO because of weight. So all of you lightweights get ready to take on the heavyweights

Wow,a bottle of Gentleman Jack thats the high dollar stuff,kind of hard to say no to that..

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/04/11 07:12 PM

After reading all the posts and thinking about the weight rules we have decided to make this a no weight rule race. It was meant to be a 10.5 exhibition race with a small purse to see what cars show up and if there is enough intrust to run four races next year with the Chrysler Challenge. SEE FLYER BELOW FOR RULES

Attached picture 6713541-Picture003.jpg

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/04/11 07:14 PM

The T-bird is on 295 radials,3300lbs,and mufflers.There are plenty of fast mopars out there so why cant we get something going again?

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/04/11 08:13 PM

A free entry event..

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/04/11 11:16 PM

Who is going to decide what an "all out race car" is? That is way too general of a statement.

Dennis

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/05/11 12:45 AM

Quote:

Who is going to decide what an "all out race car" is? That is way too general of a statement.

Dennis

was just thinking that myself lolz..

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/05/11 02:20 AM

.This is not going to be a one time race there will be a points series next year.

Come everyone let's load up our cars so we can continue to make this event keep on happening

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/05/11 04:18 PM

Quote:

Quote:

WELL? What are the weights????

and why the change at the last minute?

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/05/11 05:24 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

WELL? What are the weights????

and why the change at the last minute?

No weight rule.

No scale at this track I messed up on this one. Its not Jeff's fault he was going to run it as a exhibition only with the Nostalgia Pro Stock cars. Then I came up with some Rules for it. So the bottom line is I made a *ss of myself because I assumed there was a scale. The race will happen without the scale.

SORRY IF I MESSED UP ANYONES PLANS ON COMING

I apologize,

Brad

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/05/11 05:32 PM

is it ok if i dont come??

i dont want to race 2500lb cars with my 3500lb street car

You really expect people to drive far and race with NO weight rule?

Why would i do this??

CAN YOU post an Exact address for the track so i can see exactly how far it is for me? I still cant justify the cost of getting there to get my a$$ handed to me by light cars. The rules are just too loose if you take the weight away.

Update.....its 587 miles for me, thats about 300.0 or more for me round trip in gas,,,figure about 100 or more for food? and thats strectching it....LOL

i cant see coming to this race with no weight rules, sorry

also will IHRA honor my NHRA chassis cert and license?? Also i have no diaper or belly pan yet is that a problem?

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/05/11 06:39 PM

Quote:

Why would i do this??

CAN YOU post an Exact address for the track so i can see exactly how far it is for me? I still cant justify the cost of getting there to get my a$$ handed to me by light cars. The rules are just too loose if you take the weight away.

Its okay not to come. I know you would of came you seem like a diehard heads-up racer to me. We know your car already exists and will race if the rules are even close.

I think it will be hard for any Big Block car to be under 3000 lbs. even with these rules in place. But I cannot be for sure on this without a scale.

No I do not expect anyone to show unless they want to. I know Andy Mayes, Scott Chopin, Jim K., AND others have all ran exhibition stuff WITH NO WEIGHT CHECK at Norwalk when Jeff Johnson owned the Chrysler Classic and A&A trans. put up a little money to show.

There is no reason to show but to support Mopar 10.5 Racing. You have already proved yourself at KY and other events. I thought you coming would bring out more people to race and try to knock you off but thats not working either.

The address for MCIR is 2303 Richwood-LaRue Road, LaRue Ohio 43332

Thanks, Brad Chopin

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/05/11 06:49 PM

i want to come, dont get me wrong.

Do you have a list of confirmed cars and a payout scedule yet??

and when i ask about payout, im thinking worst case scenario...LOL
What can i get for first round loser???

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/05/11 06:50 PM

Quote:

Why would i do this??

Update.....its 587 miles for me, thats about 300.0 or more for me round trip in gas,,,figure about 100 or more for food? and thats strectching it....LOL

i cant see coming to this race with no weight rules, sorry

also will IHRA honor my NHRA chassis cert and license?? Also i have no diaper or belly pan yet is that a problem?

Again I understand about the money. It cost us between $900.00 and $1100.00 for three of us to attend a NMCA/NSCA Event 5 years ago thats everything for us and the car. We never got back more than $100.00 a race for two years.

IHRA will accept your cert. no diaper required at this track.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/05/11 07:14 PM

Quote:

Winner $200.00 CASH
$50.00 Jegs card
Chrysler Challenge Gold Card for 2012 $300.00 value

Runner UP $150.00 Cash

Cars 3-8 $50.00 cash

We have maybe $250.00 cash outstanding that may come through from others and could get split up.

Thanks to the following Sponsors

Jeff Johnson Motorsports
Bobs Pro Fab
Chopin Performance
Scott Jordan Automotive
Jegs
Napa
Eric Coffee Automotive

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/05/11 07:16 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Winner $200.00 CASH
$50.00 Jegs card

Runner UP $150.00 Cash

Cars 3-8 $50.00 cash

We have maybe $250.00 cash outstanding that may come through from others and could get split up.

Jeff Johnson Motorsports
Bobs Pro Fab
Chopin Performance
Scott Jordan Automotive
Jegs
Napa
Eric Coffee Automotive

I left out Rick A&A Transmission
Posted By: 52savoy

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/05/11 07:18 PM

So this isn't legal?

What if we push it down the track??

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/05/11 07:27 PM

RT Brad, thanks for all your hard work and thanks for posting up the payout. I will most likely be coming, I will pre register in the next couple days. SORRY to "hassle" you, i just dont like racing cars so much lighter than me, BUT i like to race heads up...again sorry to be a *ick about the rules, thanks for you hard work again.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/05/11 07:27 PM

Quote:

So this isn't legal?

What if we push it down the track??

No that is a full blown race car so its out. But your Savoy would be legal. Are you ready to tech some cars for this race or just come and hang out. We will be cooking out for all the 10.5 guys on Sat.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/05/11 07:31 PM

Naa... I would get embarrassed too much with the Savoy and not enough time for an engine swap. I'll try to be there and help out. I'll know more in a week.
Fred

gotta go.. mounting the front end on the Duster.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/05/11 07:37 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Winner $200.00 CASH
$50.00 Jegs card

Runner UP $150.00 Cash

Cars 3-8 $50.00 cash

Jeff Johnson Motorsports
Bobs Pro Fab
Chopin Performance
Scott Jordan Automotive
Jegs
Napa
Eric Coffee Automotive

So far we have the following for sure I think unless breakage occurs or my updated crappy rules prevail.

Fastbird
ROSSIO
SIXPAKX
ROGER RIVERS 73 CUDA

Maybe coming

N20MSTR
JOSHKING440
OLD YELLER or OLD RED or OLD JD
JKWEDGE540
SLEDGEHAMMER

POST UP IF ANYONE ELSE CAN MAKE IT

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/05/11 07:47 PM

Quote:

RT Brad, thanks for all your hard work and thanks for posting up the payout. I will most likely be coming, I will pre register in the next couple days. SORRY to "hassle" you, i just dont like racing cars so much lighter than me, BUT i like to race heads up...again sorry to be a *ick about the rules, thanks for you hard work again.

Its okay I was expecting it . I hope you can make it if not I understand. Maybe with some help from our MOPAR FRIENDS we can make this series thing happen in 2012 with SCALES. By the way before I found out about the scales weight was going to change to 3100 lbs. BB NOS. But no need to talk about that at this point lets see who comes.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/05/11 09:48 PM

Quote:

Dennis

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/06/11 12:01 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Winner $200.00 CASH
$50.00 Jegs card

Runner UP $150.00 Cash

Cars 3-8 $50.00 cash

Jeff Johnson Motorsports
Bobs Pro Fab
Chopin Performance
Scott Jordan Automotive
Jegs
Napa
Eric Coffee Automotive

So far we have the following for sure I think unless breakage occurs or my updated crappy rules prevail.

Fastbird
ROSSIO
SIXPAKX
ROGER RIVERS 73 CUDA

Maybe coming

N20MSTR
JOSHKING440
JKWEDGE540
SLEDGEHAMMER

I,m sitting out this weeks race at carlisle,so i can make your event,got to go where the free jack daniels is(carlisle didn,t offer me a dang thing)besides i miss you guys.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/06/11 03:19 AM

on your list--only 4 of us---and maybe some others----come on guys,bring your stuff out,no matter what it runs--this is for fun so lets play.
i think with 4 showing up--who needs scales.
we've been testing,got the T/Conv. fixxed --new slicks,car is ready.

ross

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/06/11 04:26 AM

I would love to bring out my max wedge Savoy but besides being out classed, it would be more of a test and tune because I have a lot bugs still being sorted out.
Unless Brad gets over here to help me sort it out..

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/07/11 04:25 PM

Quote:

on your list--only 4 of us---and maybe some others----come on guys,bring your stuff out,no matter what it runs--this is for fun so lets play.
i think with 4 showing up--who needs scales.
we've been testing,got the T/Conv. fixxed --new slicks,car is ready.

ross

Thanks for the support Ross sounds like you guys will be a little faster in OH

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/07/11 04:34 PM

FASTBIRD
ROSSIO
SIXPAKX
OLD YELLER
ROGER MR. NOS RIVERS

Are in for OHIO
There will be 16 Nostalgia Pro Stocks
The National Hemi Owners Association

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/07/11 04:56 PM

[quote}
Unless Brad gets over here to help me sort it out..

Brad sounds like someone else needs your brain power

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/07/11 05:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Winner $200.00 CASH
$50.00 Jegs card

Runner UP $150.00 Cash

Cars 3-8 $50.00 cash

Jeff Johnson Motorsports
Bobs Pro Fab
Chopin Performance
Scott Jordan Automotive
Jegs
Napa
Eric Coffee Automotive

Fastbird
ROSSIO
SIXPAKX
ROGER RIVERS 73 CUDA

Maybe coming

N20MSTR
JOSHKING440
JKWEDGE540
SLEDGEHAMMER

I,m sitting out this weeks race at carlisle,so i can make your event,got to go where the free jack daniels is(carlisle didn,t offer me a dang thing)besides i miss you guys.

We miss you too . I got the gentlemen jack a few years back when the family toured the JD distillery cool place. Thanks for coming.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/07/11 07:31 PM

Quote:

FASTBIRD
ROSSIO
SIXPAKX
OLD YELLER
ROGER MR. NOS RIVERS

Are in for OHIO
There will be 16 Nostalgia Pro Stocks
The National Hemi Owners Association

also,
Viper Club of Ohio

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/11/11 10:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Dennis

PlasticFantastic is our Race Director. He works at Milan, is NHRA certified and will make any final decisions.

BTW, I have 4 confirmed entries.

Did I mention FREE FOOD? Our Friday night hog roast is a go! If you don't bring your race car, you go hungry.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/14/11 01:48 AM

Tracks going to be tough guys I dont expect any better numbers than the KY race. Its been 90 plus degrees in Ohio and very humid. I expect 5.60 to 5.80 to be good at Marion. We will see in a week or so who can put a good number down.

Free Hog Roast and Beer Friday Night
I will have hot dogs and soda for 10.5 guys sat.
Looks like we will have a little more purse money coming in also.
Posted By: nss guy

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/14/11 02:22 AM

Quote:

Tracks going to be tough guys I dont expect any better numbers than the KY race. Its been 90 plus degrees in Ohio and very humid. I expect 5.60 to 5.80 to be good at Marion. We will see in a week or so who can put a good number down.

sneak the tbird out for some testing??

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/14/11 03:05 AM

Quote:

Dont count me out yet....

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/14/11 05:40 AM

Quote:

Quote:

sneak the tbird out for some testing??

Put in some 3.54 gears and pray it hooks or cools down some. Jims going for Jeffs GOLD CARDS so he can race for FREE next year. Watch out NSS GUYS "THE HUSTLERS" coming for you He is tougher than this track is

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/14/11 06:07 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Dont count me out yet....

Tony I already know you can make it down a tough track like a bracket car. Just wanted to warn everyone just like KY take what the track will give you. There will not be any records set here . Save that hopefully for Indy in Sept. when its cooler. But this kind of track brings everyone a little closer. I think Ross will be tough at this race also

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/14/11 03:14 PM

Official Host Hotel:

Comfort Inn
16420 Allenby Dr
Marysville, OH 43040
937-644-0400

Mention The Chrysler Challenge!
$79.00 night

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/15/11 04:02 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Dennis

PlasticFantastic is our Race Director. He works at Milan, is NHRA certified and will make any final decisions.

BTW, I have 4 confirmed entries.

Did I mention FREE FOOD? Our Friday night hog roast is a go! If you don't bring your race car, you go hungry.

Just got a email from Doug (Plasticfantastic) the track will be prepped as well as it can be for this race. We cannot do anything about the heat. Seven day forecast has low 90,s for friday. Bring the cars out Doug helps prep the track at Milan, MI. They have a big HEADS-UP EVENT up there every month so he knows how to prep a track for the small tire stuff

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/15/11 04:06 AM

sounds great....i take it we are running during the day / afternoon. Probably the hottest part of the day. Whats funny about KY, the track was smooth as a sheet of glass. BUT in my opinion they had minimal prep. Well they prepped , but not what ive seen...LOL THey had a lot of bracket cars, but i thin that this race coming up, we will have a LOT of slick tire cars hopefully that helps us a little....

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/15/11 04:08 AM

I got $100.00 in purse money today.

Howard Davis of COUNTRY AUTO SALES $50
Eric Coffee of COFFEE AUTOMOTIVE HONDA and ACURA SPECIALIST $50

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/15/11 04:20 AM

Quote:

sounds great....i take it we are running during the day / afternoon. Probably the hottest part of the day. Whats funny about KY, the track was smooth as a sheet of glass. BUT in my opinion they had minimal prep. Well they prepped , but not what ive seen...LOL THey had a lot of bracket cars, but i thin that this race coming up, we will have a LOT of slick tire cars hopefully that helps us a little....

We cannot run the whole show under the lights is the problem. Jeff and Doug will let us run when when we need to but the fans will be there to see the 10.5 cars and the NOSTALGIA PRO STOCKERS. So if we wait too long and ask people to stay till 10 pm than they may leave without seeing what they came to watch. We will see how it works out but we will be running in the heat of the day.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/15/11 05:40 AM

Phil Rose you need some trans. help?

Lets get it done so you can race it

email me dandbchopin@live.com
phone 740-396-9831

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/16/11 02:06 AM

This is who I have for Ohio Race.

FASTBIRD
ROSSIO
ROGER RIVERS
OLD YELLER
N20MSTR

These guys have cars but will not make it this time

SIXPAKX broke trans.
JOSHKING waiting on trans.
JKWEDGE540 waiting on engine

If anyone else is coming let me know.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/16/11 02:38 AM

My "team" is optimistic .....

We plan on leaving fri late afternoon, (work) and rolling in there (prob be sleeping at the gat in the truck sat AM ) to kick some a$$, our wheelie bars are HIGH and we hope we can at least put on a lil show...
i will try to get pre-registered on the site

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/16/11 02:50 AM

Quote:

If anyone else is coming let me know.

Brad i had that talk @ work the other day and he don't think his car will be fast enough but said he should be there

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/17/11 05:12 AM

I know its not much guys but a few small businesses (one - two employees) helped to put $500.00 into this purse. There are also two businesses providing food and drinks for the 10.5 racers and crew members on sat. So I would like to thank them all.

Purse money

A&A TRANSMISSION
CHOPIN PERFORMANCE
COFFEES CUSTOM SERVICES (HONDA & ACURA SPECIALIST)
COUNTRY AUTO SALES
JORDAN AUTOMOTIVE

Food and Drinks

JOEY BULLES CUSTOM GOLF CARTS
GREG BLEVINS PONTIAC RESTORATION

Thank you guys for your donations

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/17/11 05:44 AM

Total purse payout for the 10.5 RACE will look like this.

WINNER

$200.00 CASH BONDO BOB
$200.00 CASH CHOPIN PERFORMANCE AND FRIENDS
$50.00 CHECK RICK A&A TRANSMISSION
$50.00 CERTIFICATE JEGS
GOLD CARD CHRYSLER CHALLENGE 2012 $300.00 VALUE

TOTAL CASH AND PRIZES TO WINNER $800.00

RUNNER UP

$200.00 CASH CHOPIN PERFORMANCE AND FRIENDS
$100.00 CASH BONDO BOB

TOTAL $300.00 CASH

SEMI'S

$50.00 CASH CHOPIN PERFORMANCE AND FRIENDS

TOTAL $50.00 CASH EACH

QUARTERS

$25.00 CASH CHOPIN PERFORMANCE AND FRIENDS

TOTAL $25.00 CASH EACH

LOW ET OF RACE

$50.00 CASH CHOPIN PERFORMANCE AND FRIENDS

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/17/11 05:58 AM

NOW thats what im talking about......

THANKS TO ALL THE SPONSORS ! ! ! ! !

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/17/11 06:01 AM

Get those brakes done you have to be in ohio in a week

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/17/11 06:05 AM

Quote:

Get those brakes done you have to be in ohio in a week

Shhhhhhhhhhh , we trying to lose 100lbs while no one was looking

THANKS to Bondobob for the brakes....im so glad that i spent money with a sponsor of this race Great to deal with to !!!
Posted By: jkwedge540

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/17/11 02:50 PM

Brad
Me & the crew will be coming down sat. morning,weather pending.If you need something, let me know. See you sat.

Jim

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/17/11 08:34 PM

Thanks for the support Jim. We will see you sat. have a safe trip. We will have plenty of food and drinks from a couple local sponsors.

Later, Brad

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/17/11 08:53 PM

I think we added one more to the list coming to race.
Heath Ball

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/19/11 12:28 PM

R/T Brad, will we be parked in one area?

the reason i ask is i need electric for battery charger and fan to cool the car between hot lap rounds. Is there elctric at this track? I know, im low budget/open trailer. I went looking for a generator at my local Home Depot last night but they had no small generators. SO i need to steal some electric from you..LOL
Let me know if we are parked together, thanks

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/19/11 11:23 PM

We will have two generators with us so you are more than welcome to use some electric.There will be plenty of food and drinks so no need to bring any.What kind of drinks do you and your crew like? I will save you a spot.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/20/11 01:26 AM

TONY,i'll have 2 gen.with me too-just in case.

man--------its going to be HOT out---and i dont have an A/C unit
but i will have fans to keep us cool.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/20/11 01:33 AM

Quote:

We will have two generators with us so you are more than welcome to use some electric.There will be plenty of food and drinks so no need to bring any.What kind of drinks do you and your crew like? I will save you a spot.

I hope you guys are saveing that bottle of jack daniels for me,its the only reason why i,m comming down there...and to put a certain person on his trailor...

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/20/11 01:52 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I hope you guys are saveing that bottle of jack daniels for me,its the only reason why i,m comming down there...and to put a certain person on his trailor...

I got the Gentleman Jack waiting for you There will be 45 hamburgers and 80 hot dogs to cook on sat. Along with plenty of drinks. So food and drinks wont be problem but the heat will. Its going to be 95 degrees sat. with 90% humidity

Everyone have a safe trip and we will see you fri. or sat.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/20/11 01:58 AM

Quote:

R/T Brad, will we be parked in one area?

the reason i ask is i need electric for battery charger and fan to cool the car between hot lap rounds. Is there elctric at this track? I know, im low budget/open trailer. I went looking for a generator at my local Home Depot last night but they had no small generators. SO i need to steal some electric from you..LOL
Let me know if we are parked together, thanks

Like Scott said no problem with the electric. We will have a spot for you on sat. I will try to park all of us together. Are you going to stay over sat. night and leave sun. morning?

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/20/11 02:04 AM

Quote:

TONY,i'll have 2 gen.with me too-just in case.

man--------its going to be HOT out---and i dont have an A/C unit
but i will have fans to keep us cool.

Are you coming on sat. only?

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/20/11 02:09 AM

Again we have 45 hamburgers, 80 hot dogs , chips, and a bunch of drinks. Provided by two sponsors on Sat.

Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/20/11 02:14 AM

Quote:

Again we have 45 hamburgers, 80 hot dogs , chips, and a bunch of drinks. Provided by two sponsors on Sat.

I'll say one thing... you sure gave the house away
for 5 cars to show up... free entry, food and drink
and money

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/20/11 02:25 AM

Yes, all the 10.5 cars will be pitted together on the asphalt in front of the concession stand. So far we have 8 confirmed plus 4, that I know of, on the fence. Yes, Pat, we're giving away the house, but we're gonna burn it down first!

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/20/11 02:30 AM

the roof,
the roof,
the roof is on fire....

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/20/11 04:06 AM

Quote:

Quote:

and money

Mr P ......Mopars have been falling off in the heads up dept...
People have said a heads up series for mopars will never work, people wont show up...There are guys that are hard at work, and its so nice to see it starting to spark .... hopefully we get some type of series and a little action going here. To me Mopar events now are boring, sorry to say. But heads up...that gets me excited !!!!

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/20/11 04:13 AM

I really wish I could make it, but I still dont have my trans.....I thought this chevy stuff was easier to come buy......

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/20/11 11:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

and money

Put a true 10.5 tire on your ride and come grab a lane!...their,s no weight limit and i know i have room in my trunk for your car to fit in..so don,t hate!,be happy that theirs some mopar people that are trying to help out the heads up racers
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/20/11 11:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

and money

Put a true 10.5 tire on your ride and come grab a lane!...their,s no weight limit and i know i have room in my trunk for your car to fit in..so don,t hate!,be happy that theirs some mopar people that are trying to help out the heads up racers

I dont have the time or the money so its not gonna
happen this year... I want to finish up my other car

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/21/11 05:40 PM

bring plenty of liquids it's going to be very Hot
have a safe trip everyone

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/23/11 11:18 PM

Had a great time. The hog roast on friday and the cookout today went great. Would like to thank everyone that came out and the support from the fans and sponsors. The track temp. was 138 friday and 129 today so it was slick. Not sure anyone had anything for Ed Mathers aka OLD YELLER. He was quicker than anyone in KY by far. Scott Chopin aka FASTBIRD won the race but only because OLD YELLER had a emergency that he had at home and had to load the car up before the final and head home to attend. Had fun hanging out with Bondo Bob, OLD YELLER, JKWEDGE, and all the others. OLD YELLER is a great guy and till you know him you really cannot judge him. Jim and his crew are top notch also they came from PA without the Charger to hang out and added $50.00 to the purse when he came. Bondo Bob is also great him and rick are cool dudes and paid out $300.00 and gave away some high dollar shocks in NSS. I also give props to Jeff Johnson and Doug the race director for letting use run the 10.5 stuff so freely. Without these two guys there was no playground. Jeff and Doug still are going to run four races next year and the 10.5 guys are welcomed back. They got together with the track owner Mark and made the track as good as they could considering the heat. So congrats to my brother Scott Chopin and my uncle Jeff Chopin in NSS on there wins. Ed Mathers for Low ET which was quicker than I thought was possible in these conditions . Hope to see some more of you guys come out next year for the Chrysler Challenge stuff.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/23/11 11:56 PM

Good luck to you guys going to the Indy race

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/24/11 01:19 AM

How fast did Ed go? I didn't get there till 1pm, we hit construction and an hour delay on I-75. I did get to see FastBird make his final pass.

Dennis
Posted By: redruM

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/24/11 01:36 AM

Quote:

How fast did Ed go? I didn't get there till 1pm, we hit construction and an hour delay on I-75. I did get to see FastBird make his final pass.

Dennis

5.3x@127 off the trailer

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/24/11 02:39 AM

Congrats on your win Luther.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/24/11 02:43 AM

Thanks to the CHOPIN woman Dolly, Bambi, and Mom for cooking all the food on Fri. and Sat.

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/24/11 02:46 AM

Quote:

Congrats on your win Luther.

Thank you sir, nice meeting you hope yall get that tbird figured out
Posted By: Gary Robbins

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/24/11 03:14 AM

Quote:

Not sure anyone had anything for Ed Mathers aka OLD YELLER. He was quicker than anyone in KY by far........ How do you figure that ,Bill May ran 5.30's with a small block at more weight,we went 40's friday and still ran 60's race day with a hurt trans. and doing no burnout going straight to the starting line all at more weight....

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/24/11 03:22 AM

Sounds like you got something for him then, get them cars in the beams and let them talk

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/24/11 02:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Not sure anyone had anything for Ed Mathers aka OLD YELLER. He was quicker than anyone in KY by far........ How do you figure that ,Bill May ran 5.30's with a small block at more weight,we went 40's friday and still ran 60's race day with a hurt trans. and doing no burnout going straight to the starting line all at more weight....

bla,bla,bla,...haters are gonna hate!!,i make one pass and people like you are already yacking at the jaw,,if you think that was a hard pass on the bird,then you keep thinking that,You may be able to out spend me but you will never be able to out smart me and thats worth 4 tenths right there...
Posted By: Leon441

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/24/11 02:42 PM

I'm standing outside the fence here just looking in.

Here is the way I hear it.

Ed had what appeared to be the car to beat. He had to leave for outside reasons. Ed was given credit for his efforts while he was there. No-one said he didn't have something left in the car or that it was simply a lucky pass.

Someone dissagrees and brings up Bill May's performance and what they figure they themselves would have had if it hadn't been for tranny issues.

Can a guy get a thumbs up without someone trying to tear them down? There are plenty more races to settle this out. It is not always about who could have done what. It is about who did it. It sucks when you have a car and you know your performance and something happens where it just doesn't work out at a particular race. This is racing. Don't know that anyone is smarter here. How much could or would we have if we didn't spend our money racing.LOL Anybody can hire a guy to help them figure there car out. If it works out money may have proved well spent. Not everyone does this as many have been burned and didn't get good results. Funny how the people who help these guys out only get credit for a few days then get robbed of it. I don't know of anyone who figured everything out for themself. It's a bold statement to basically call someone else slow in brains based on the ET performance of their car.

Leon
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/24/11 04:00 PM

All I can say is he got the bird there and ran in the heat of the day when the track was at least 140 and temp was around 104 and 1'st run off the trailer and laid down a great number!!!! My car and a bunch others were way off the number mostly due to the heat on the track and the effect on the cars so he sure impressed the hell out of me I never met him so I went looking for him later in the day but heard he had to leave.

Russ

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/24/11 04:15 PM

Congrats old yeller on the win you guys are a class act.I had a good time hanging out with you guys.No internet racing here 5.3? off the trailer very impressive.
Posted By: GomangoCuda

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/24/11 04:49 PM

Impressed me too. He spent probably 10 minutes right before that run fussing with something in the area of the electronics panel. I wouldn't be surprised if he changed something to compensate for a slippery track. Car looked and sounded soft during the run. I was not expecting the 5.33 to come up. I think there probably was more in it but with marginal track conditions and no real competition it looked like he went for get it down the track and don't hurt anything. I talked to him for a couple of minutes between rounds. Seemed like a nice enough guy to me. He was definately getting it ready for the next round and all of a sudden loaded it up and left so apparently something more important came up. Hope everything is all right.
Posted By: Leon441

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/24/11 09:52 PM

Ed "OLE YELLOW" is a good guy. A little quick on the keyboard sometimes. You throw a rock at him on here and he is coming back guns a blazing so be forewarned.

I wasn't there but, I would say there is a lot left in that combination. But, that is just small tire racing.

Leon

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/24/11 11:46 PM

I agree, Ed is a very different person than his online persona would indicate. So is Doc.

Dennis
Posted By: Gary Robbins

Re: Mopar Heads-Up Small Tire Race #2 in Ohio - 07/25/11 03:25 AM

Damn guys don't get your panties in a wad,my comment was directed at the he was faster than anybody in KY by far in which he wasn't,just stating a fact not hating.Hell at least he showed up When i get my junk back together i'll make it easy on him and drag the fish to MI or wherever and we can have a grudge match for $$$$ or the fun of it,doesn't matter to me...In know way is this a slam on Ed,just be nice for" TWO OLD MOPAR GUYS" to put on a show....
© 2024 Moparts Forums