Quote:

4+ inch stuff I typically won't spray or boost, side loading increases with cylinder pressure regardless of stroke or rod ratio so (obviously IMO) if you have long stroke short rod combo it's a little harder on the block with your normal cylinder pressure.

I like the 4+ inch motors when I'm looking for a true Big block 'behind the wheel' experience and where you run good (but not necessarliy "great") heads that limit the RPM (and more importantly piston speed) to a moderate (5800-6200 ish) range.

If you're boosting or spraying, I keep the stroke shorter and the rods longer, if I'm looking for a dual/purpose motor with Longevity. That said the +4 stuff works very very well on the street when set up for the purposes I described above. Torque motors are sweet on the street! Imagine a blueprinted 440 six pack....but with an 1850G bobweight and 100+ less poundage on the nose

Thats why you dont see mopars at headsup events, you have to be willing to run stuff hard.most mopar guys are happy with high 10 sec 4 inch motors. i have come to find that over 4 inch is hader on parts.my indy headed 408 dont even come alive till over 5500. also the lack of head choices out there for that many cubes.where iam my car is the slowest and it runs 126 1/4 mph and drive it all the time.

6437940-dart.jpg (201 downloads)