Quote:

The m/t specific stuff is not cheap. You're looking a few hundred bucks for a used bell housing if you want a big block unit and/or a blow-proof unit. Few hundred for a decent clutch, couple hundred for a clutch pedal setup, then the linkage, shifter, blah blah blah it goes on and on. I'm in the process of a auto->4sp conversion and the $$ add up fast on this stuff and I've been scrounging for used parts.

I dunno about that, I converted my 87 Diplomat over to stick. The total to switch was under $1000. Ebay and bone yard shopping plus me doing all the work kept it real low. $125 for the trans, Ebay kit to rebuild it, Ebay clutch kit for $100, bone yard for clutch pedal/linkage/floor hump. MP kit to freshen up the linkages, boneyard flywheel out of a V6 Dakota, new Hurst shifter from Summit, bone yard for a drive shaft yoke, new u joints.

I started with nothing for a stick conversion, spent less than $1000 and had a 4 speed with all new or rebuilt (mostly by me) parts in it.

After I got done with the swap I found a package deal on 2.5 A833's, a couple of bells, a big box full of linkages, pedals, clutch stuff, etc for under $300, on Ebay, for my 65 Cuda.

They say there are no such thing as a stupid question.
They say there is always the exception that proves the rule.
Don't be the exception.