Quote:

Quote:

Ive done 4 hemi swaps so far and i think the prices are a little high. First off you can buy a complete 6.1 brand new for less then 6250 from the dealer.
https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...e=1&fpart=1
used 5.7 $1000 on the high end
oil pan and pick up $300 gasket is reusable
Motor mounts $125 TTI
Exhaust manifolds $free comes with motor
Harness and computer $1400 Hot Wire
Throttle Control $240 Dealer
elect fan $15 u pick yard
Rad Alum $200 Ebay
6.1 rad Hoses $50 Dealer
Electric Fuel pump kit $350 Rock Valley
Flex Plate $100 Mancini
45 deg oil filter adpt $50 Dealer
6.1 cam $115 Dealer
16 6.1 exhaust springs $80 Dealer
16 6.1 push rods $40 Dealer

$4065.
Now there is a Guy in the new product section that has harnesses for $ 895. and then find a used Computer for a 2004 dodge ram manual trans. I got mine for $100.
Im sure I for got something but this pretty well sums it up. I know its not s stroker motor but a Gen III can make some nice hp too.My Demon got 20.1mpg @ 75 mph with a 355 gear and no overdrive coming back from the Nats.

Only problem with all that is you are getting a USED engine and that's just the cost of the parts, meaning he'd have to be able to do all the work himself. I think these swaps will become easier and cheaper in the years out when more aftermarket products hit the street and more people do it. He can also run an O/D trans w/ the 440 and get decent MPG's.

I'm really not in any rush I may put the source heads on my 383 change my rear end and just wait till I move cross country to do anything( this will give me a chance to complete my car and enjoy the bb I already have