Heres the situation: the car is a challenger that currently has a 383 in it, my buddy kinda got me thinking it would damn near be cheaper to get a used Hemi and drop it in with a sb 727. Heres what I already have, I have a standard bore 440 with a forged crank, and 440 source stealth heads this is all at the machine shop. Even if I build the 440 using the stock crank and rods, pistons and rings would cost nearly as much as a stroker kit. Now I started thinking Hemi's are on craigslist for around 2k with low miles I am going to spend a least that on the stroker kit alone, then getting it machined assembled, (not to mention all the bolt on stuff intake, oil pan, carb) I would be in around 6-7 k total. If I got a good deal on a Hemi, ( lets say under 3k with the wiring harness and fuel pump) my transmission guy would rebuild me a 727 with 4 pinion planetary gears for under $500 (parts included in that price). I would be in 3500 in parts and once installed would have a car with decent power and that can be driven long distances without hesitation. When it comes to performance I know what I can get out of a 512 stroker from what everyone tells me but I think a Hemi with 350-400 hp and 450 fpt would be ok with with me. I think I may have to get a 6.1 to get those kind of #'s I have seen them new for around 6k) I dont really know how to install any kind of engine but there are many shops in my area that have done LS1 changes in Government Motors cars so I think I can get the change done for probably about 2k in labor. Tell me how this sounds am I off or does this make sense.