I did not try to do a burnout I tried putting a load on the engine to see how it would perform. I was trying to get in the ballpark on the timing. Now I know that I need to use a timing light.
Gary, I think his name is 383beepbeep, generously came over for a couple hours trying to nail the problem before to no avail last time. It had a bad coil.
The wires have less than a couple hundred miles on them and the rotor and cap look like new. The plugs also have about 100 miles on them.
It has 69 primary jets and stock in the secondaries.
And 71383bee
"The truly sad part is that it sounds to me that another 3rd gen big block charger is being beat to death for no reason... Go buy a nova or something for crying out load."
Hey, it's not your car I will do whatever I please to this one. If it goes against what you think is "correct" I simply don't care. It is just a car. This is my second 3rd gen Charger. I bought my first with my own money at 14 and this one with my own money at 15. Who cares if it is a big-block, it is also the most produced classic Charger EVER. Do you also feel you are better than me because you are not "beating your charger to death." People like you make young guys like me shy away from mopars. Usually older people embrace the young guys and try to teach them, you simply are not one of those good guys in this hobby. People like you make me and many others stay away from moparts, which is a valuable resource. Do you get your jollies off by insulting people and calling them stupid. You were young at one point if some [Edited by Moparts - Keep it clean] told you that you are wrecking your car what would you do? Like I said it is just a car. I hope that one day you will realize this.
BTW great looking Superbee!

Last edited by bordin34; 06/13/08 07:01 PM.